• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Congrats, to Starlight and Mcove! That's wonderful news! Thanks for the suggestion on Paige, but the only other agent at Folio who might be interested in my book is Erin Niumata and she's not taking unsolicited queries. That's why I'm concerned with how long Scott and Rachel might be MIA. LOL

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
More power to Folio and the agents referred to above who keep their website up to date and let writers know when they are not accepting unsolicited manuscripts. I wish all agents and publishers would be as conscientious and, if needed, revise their website every week. Yes, every week. I know how busy agencies are, but good, rewarding business practice would make me think some "underling" would be assigned to check with each agent every (lets say) Friday and if necessary update the website. Sure makes a lot of good business sense to me.

amyers27

writing when not teaching
Registered
Reaction score
Laney Becker is not accepting queries all through August. Thanks, Auto-Reply! I think I'll try again, though--she seems like a really good fit for me.

HumbleScribe

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Laney read my query a few days ago for a historical fiction. Agree with mcove's post about her being a really nice agent. She then asked for a 50-page partial (via email) and read that and responded within just a couple days (today). She declined moving forward on it, but sent a customized note, briefly listing some reasons. Am going to to see if she might prefer my metaphysical lit instead. Seems like a really nice and capable agent; hope I can entice Folio's interest in the future.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Sent her a query Saturday evening, got a form rejection Sunday morning. Gotta hand it to her for the quick turnaround. If she can do it, why can't others? Rejections are bad enough, but part of the process. Just waiting...and waiting...for a response that may never come bites the big one.

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
I'm just curious, because Rachel Vater's blog had been up and running again for the past couple of weeks. She even replied in one of her comments that she was taking email queries only. Then, out of the blue the journal is suspended? I wonder why this happened?

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I thought there was some suggestion that her blog had been hijacked by an imposter...but I can't find all the commentary on it (then again, I'm not looking that hard for it).

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought there was some suggestion that her blog had been hijacked by an imposter...but I can't find all the commentary on it (then again, I'm not looking that hard for it).

It's here. Just go to the last page.

Strange is one word for it. Unnerving is another. Glad to hear the blog's been suspended.

PastMidnight

Oponionated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabrockmole.com
When did Paige Wheeler stop accepting queries? I queried her 7/31 and haven't heard back, but now see on the website that she's ignoring all unsolicited queries. I can't believe I would've queried her if that had been on their site before.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
When did Paige Wheeler stop accepting queries? I queried her 7/31 and haven't heard back, but now see on the website that she's ignoring all unsolicited queries. I can't believe I would've queried her if that had been on their site before.

I wonder if she didn't get your query. I queried her on 8/3 and she responded on 8/11.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Paige has a twitter and said something about suspending queries on twitter for a while. She recently opened them up, then closed them again. I think you have to watch closely to get an opening. ;)

sharla

What's up??
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharlalovelace.com
I queried Paige Wheeler with five pages, on Friday (10/30). Sunday she responded with a request for 3 chapters. Love the quick response...love the non-rejection even more! LOL! Now I wait. Fingers crossed!!

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair

I also queried Paige Wheeler a couple of months ago and didn't hear back. Sooooo, last night (about 1 in the morning) I queried again with the first chapter, following their query format almost to a T, and she responded with a request for 3 chapters/synopsis/bio. This is my first request for a partial EVER, but of course, I'm totally new to all this (first book and all) and have just started the process. This really is exciting!

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Hope that excitement continues for you.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
Thanks so much! I'm a little freaked out right now. I've had two other partial requests in the last few days (since tweaking my query), and I'm a little overwhelmed. Although I was hoping for it, I really didn't expect this.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Literary Agent Michelle Brower (formerly with Wendy Sherman Associates) has joined Folio Literary. michelle at foliolit dot com

Oh how strange. Just queried her at Wendy Sherman a few weeks ago and didn't hear anything. If Paige Wheeler rejects my partial would it be okay to re-query Michelle at Folio in a few months? She was at the top of my list and I'd like to tell myself she didn't respond to my first query because of the move :)