• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Folio Literary Management

dawnb

Registered
Reaction score
She was bubbly and enthusiastic, friendly and approachable. She seems like she'd be awesome to work with--very down to earth.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her 3/15, got a rejection 5/28. So that two week thing is a bit of wishful thinking on her part. Kind of like mine when I queried her! I really thought she'd be a good fit.

CHUGHES27

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat JudasFm. Molly requested my full ms at a conference 3 weeks ago. She was really excited about it, but I haven't heard anything. It's killing me because I sooo want to work with her.

I was at the SCWBI Conference...Was this the one where she requested? She requested mine at the agent pitch I had with her there. Small world. Sent mine out 6/7....still hearing crickets... Hopefully I'll hear soon enough. Good luck!

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Molly Jaffa about six weeks ago and never heard anything back. Maybe I should requery...

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I made the mistake of querying two agents from this agency at the same time (back in February). One of them sent a nice form rejection a month after the query. The other sent a reply today that said "Same here." I'm guessing she's dittoing the rejection?

I could have sworn the "don't submit to more than one agent at once" thing wasn't in their submission guidelines back when I queried, though. :p

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
That's standard for most agencies. I would assume an agency doesn't want you to submit to more than one of their agents at a time unless their guidelines specifically say it's okay to do so.

JudasFm

(And Zlang-Zlang Squid)
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I sent a follow up email on Friday and got a response today. Apparently she replied on June 24 but her email never reached me :S Weird.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter since I got a form rejection :( It's a disappointment because I really wanted to work with her, but at least now I know. Maybe I'll check the guidelines and see if I can resubmit another project in six months or so (she's currently closed to new submissions until September, according to the website).

In the meantime, it's back to the drawing board. There's gotta be one YA sci-fi agent out there who'll take me ;)

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone recently queried Paige Wheeler? I queried her in February and received a request for a partial on February 20. I sent it February 21, and have not received a reply. I sent a nudge 6/8 (15 weeks after I sent the partial) and never received a reply or autoresponse, either.

My original email with the partial attached was somehow sent twice. (My computer acted up.) So I wondered if somehow my partial was caught in her spam box; seems unlikely, but possible.

At this point, it's been 4-and-half months. She doesn't strike me as the type not to respond to a partial or full, so I'm wondering what's going on. Has anyone else had the same experience with her? Any advice on what to do now? Should I send a nudge from a different email address? I really don't know what to do.

Djk350

Registered
Reaction score
I already posted on this thread, but I can't find my post anywhere...it may have gotten deleted somehow. Anyway, I'm waiting on a full request from Molly Jaffa. I sent her my full after she read my partial in under twelve hours and requested it on May 28th. How long should I wait before I send a follow-up? I'm dying here! JudasFM, you have me worried that she sent a reply that didn't go through...any advice, or comments from people who have worked with her? What have your experiences been like?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Three months is the general time to wait before nudging on a full, or so common knowledge has it. So I'd give yourself until then, and work on something else in the meantime (believe me, I know how hard it is to ignore a full in an agent's hands).

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Paige Wheeler a 2nd follow-up yesterday. She's had my partial for over 4 1/2 months. I sent it from a different email address, hoping that if my original email address was caught in her spam box, then this one would get through.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Paige Wheeler a 2nd follow-up yesterday. She's had my partial for over 4 1/2 months. I sent it from a different email address, hoping that if my original email address was caught in her spam box, then this one would get through.

I queried Paige Wheeler at the end of June and got a request for a partial 11 days later, which seemed nice and quick. It's only been a couple weeks so far, so I can't help you with times. I'm new to querying and have been feeling discouraged reading about all these long response times.

I always think of the summer as a dead zone for productivity. Not sure if that's true for agents, but many people catch up on work as soon as Labor Day hits. I hope you hear something soon.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you hear back from her soon, too, Flygal. I know she's had a bunch of conferences to attend and she's apparently moving offices in August. (I follow her on Twitter.) It's just hard to wonder if the no reply means no, especially when I would love to work with her.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you hear back from her soon, too, Flygal. I know she's had a bunch of conferences to attend and she's apparently moving offices in August. (I follow her on Twitter.) It's just hard to wonder if the no reply means no, especially when I would love to work with her.

I've read on these forums of long waits leading to a "yes," so don't give up hope, Laura. It sounds like she's pretty busy right now.

You gave me an idea, though. I just started following about 15 agents on Twitter. I hardly ever use Twitter, but in this case it could be useful.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
Following agents on Twitter has been really useful. Sometimes they hint about what they'd like to see in queries.

I'm hanging on to hope about this one. I have to remember that HER life doesn't revolve around MY submission (imagine that!), so if she's busy, then she may not get to queries/partials/full in the time frame that would suit me.

KAC

Registered
Reaction score
Me too! Sometimes I submit to agencies on the basis of 'you look professional, haven't heard anything bad about you and you're representing what I write' but every now and then then I come across an agent like Molly that makes me think "YES!"

Have you guys heard back yet? She also requested 50 from me and its been well over a month. THANKS! And good luck!

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I just read on Twitter that Paige Wheeler will be closed to queries from 8/15 to 9/15. (I think she's moving offices in August. Another tweet that I read a while back.) Thought I'd let everyone know. I don't know what that means regarding queries already received or partials/fulls requested.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Queried them a few days ago. Nothing yet...

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything.

Queried: 1/31; Request for partial 2/20; Partial sent 2/21; nudged 6/8 & 7/1

Transatlantic

Should be writing!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her too, on 4 Aug, got a request for a partial (my first! Yay!) on 15 Aug, and sent one out the next day (after about 24h sweating over my synopsis to try to get it up to scratch). I'll keep you posted!

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Sent my query to Michelle on 7/26 and received a partial request on that same day on my YA steampunk.

Since then, I haven't heard anything. I've got 4 partials out and a full, so we'll see what happens.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was quick, UntouchableGreen! I hope you hear good news soon!