Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Argh ... Me Dawg still be in trainin ... pooped on the deck and now jack o clubs be smellin like a month old leftover lobstah.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Garrrr!!! Rag!!!!! You were right about that predictive text, Gail. *Stalks off to hunt down missing peg leg* And it better not be in the lost and found ... or under your bed, Vern!!

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You didn't have a problem being under the bed last night! :hat:

Porter, wuzat you under Vernie's bed with me last night? It wuz dark, and with all the extra bedpans, it wuz hard to tell.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
You have to live long enough to be a pain in the tush to you kids! :D

*has no kids to be a pain in the tush to

:cry:

Porter, wuzat you under Vernie's bed with me last night? It wuz dark, and with all the extra bedpans, it wuz hard to tell.

You couldn't tell from the back hair or the farts? (Hard to believe he went a full night without a fart.)

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Become a teacher. That way you can be a pain in the tush to whole lot of them. :roll:

Especially an English teacher. We haunt kids' nightmares into their old age.:e2teeth:

Then when old English teachers retire, they become editors and go right on haunting. :e2bounceyHee hee hee.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
He edited my book and let me keep six words as I had them written "Once upon a time" and "the end"

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bet he'd take all my Oxford commas away. :e2cry:

Not that he's likely to be short of them. I'm pretty sure he's got a huge stash of 'em somewhere.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Not that he's likely to be short of them. I'm pretty sure he's got a huge stash of 'em somewhere under Lavern's bed.
You set me up for this, didn't you? :ROFL:

Last edited:

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score

Not that he's likely to be short of them. I'm pretty sure he's got a huge stash of 'em somewhere.

Nope, after my first book he ran short. :e2thud: Even had to contact other old English professors for their extras. :yessmiley:yessmiley

Thankfully, they were short of 'that' and 'had' and were able to swap. :ROFL::ROFL:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully, they were short of 'that' and 'had' and were able to swap. :ROFL::ROFL:
:ROFL:I'm looking back at the previous posts and trying to see what havoc I can wreak by replacing 'that' and 'had' with ... well something else.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

JJ is correct. I'm all for the Oxford comma and begged him to include the little buggers.

One of the best (and funniest) reasons for the Oxford comma is exemplified in the apocryphal dedication: The author intended to thank a trilogy with, "I dedicate this book to my parents, Ayn Rand, and God."

However, the zealous editor trained in the newspaper tradition removed the Oxford comma, and it became: "I dedicate this book to my parents, Ayn Rand and God."

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
forty three of them head bricks waterlogged fish no new years party fund in the woods were food for because

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Ok. Ima sleep for a few hours and re-read that. A little early for a migraine - so thanks fer that.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Become a teacher. That way you can be a pain in the tush to whole lot of them. :roll:

:scared:

Oh heavens NO. I love kids but 30 of them at a time, all day?? Uh uh. No. I know my limits.

Especially an English teacher. We haunt kids' nightmares into their old age.:e2teeth:

Then when old English teachers retire, they become editors and go right on haunting. :e2bounceyHee hee hee.

*ponders creating an Editor costume for Halloween

:ROFL:
The day that happens we'll know it's an imposter.

Nope, after my first book he ran short. :e2thud: Even had to contact other old English professors for their extras. :yessmiley:yessmiley

They could have gotten plenty of "had"s from a former writing buddy of mine - passive voice was a favorite of his. If they still need some "that", however, I have plenty. (Boy do I have plenty!)

forty three of them head bricks waterlogged fish no new years party fund in the woods were food for because

*unable to translate Moose for editing

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*ponders creating an Editor costume for Halloween

You've crossed the line from funny to offensive here, Pickaxe.
I can take werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, ghosts, vampires, and even Stevie King's vicious clowns, but nothing--I repeat--nothing strikes terror into the hearts of writers' more than an old geezer in green eye shades and sleeve garters weilding a deadly blue pencil.

Editor_2.jpg