Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, oh, oh, Peter, Paul & Mary, Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas & Papas, The Shadows, The Hollies, The beach Boys, Roy Orbison ... I love that whole era of music! Practically everything from the 60's and 70's . . .
They just don't music like that any more.

Too true. I was in the army through all of the '60s when GI's radios blasted all those great tunes wherever we happen to be.

I recall the great singers and tunes from the '70s, as well, but hearing was going in the '80s and '90s, so not so much listening then.

Been stone deaf :deaf: in this millennium, so yeah, the '60s and '70s are my faves to play:Guitar: :e2violin:in my head, too.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Linky or I'm not buying that Porter. And you better not be trying to pawn off some Lady Gaga like that's you singing. :tongue

Nathan, it's a big no-no at AW to reveal real names. That's why most of us use psoodonyms suedenymes fake names.

Porter is Lady Gaga, so keep a lid on it. :Ssh:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Too true. I was in the army through all of the '60s when GI's radios blasted all those great tunes wherever we happen to be.

I recall the great singers and tunes from the '70s, as well, but hearing was going in the '80s and '90s, so not so much listening then.

Been stone deaf :deaf: in this millennium, so yeah, the '60s and '70s are my faves to play:Guitar: :e2violin:in my head, too.

You got the best of it, Chase. And I'm so glad you did.

And as they in America - 'you ain't missin' nuttin' now.' :applause:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
suedenymes <---- man hole
Chase, I was following your post - really I was then I fell down that man hole there and I got lost and couldn't find my way back up.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
^Dang
Not just once???? Talk about a mind blowing experience. More like - mind hopped out of skull - jacked my wallet - and skipped town.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
*Finds a wrapper with wadded up chewing gum inside.* Yah. I was done with that - so not really lost.
*Finds an empty wallet - with a note inside.* "I'm off to Vegas for a week or at least until the money runs out."
Vern!!!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been pretty trying most of my life

Even those of us who were nice to everyone when we were young (okay, not Lavern or Gail, but most of us) we have the right to be trying past 75. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Bill of Rights in the Constitution.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I was Porter once.

:scared:

*Finds a wrapper with wadded up chewing gum inside.* Yah. I was done with that - so not really lost.
*Finds an empty wallet - with a note inside.* "I'm off to Vegas for a week or at least until the money runs out."
Vern!!!

Either you have more than I do or she didn't get far.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Chase is a permanent resident - you on the other hand - less'n you found the squirrel door - we don't know how you got back in. :tongue

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know we had a hard case ward

- - - Updated - - -

I just wrote myself in
I may be the only hard case - Vern locked in me in there about a month ago -- said something about how the nuts are always rolling downhill. I dunno. :Shrug:

You wrote yourself in?? You gots like a magical keyboard or something?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chase is a permanent resident

Actually, I'm a relative newcomer to this joint. Haggis originated the idea of folks over fifty being wiser if only by living half a century.

Gail was the first to join this bar, café, and infirmary back in 2013. I'm pretty sure Porter was third to climb aboard around the same time.

I didn't know we had a hard case ward

Before I try to get into the hardcase ward, I'd like to find out who's actually there. When I was a kid, a hardcase (one word) was a tough guy. My dictionary says the meaning still holds true; however, I understand in some places (New Zealand for one) it means something else.

Since I haven't been a tough guy for lots of years, I'm wondering if it's a ward I need to stay out of? :greenie

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis originated the idea of folks over fifty being wiser if only by living half a century.

Since I haven't been a tough guy for lots of years, I'm wondering if it's a ward I need to stay out of? :greenie
:ROFL: Yep - we are definitely more maturer in here. Ima go with the intractable definition that I found for hard case -- hard to control or deal with. Perty sure that's why Vern locked me in there.

Word of warning ... Do NOT let Lavern put you under her bed.
:roll:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even those of us who were nice to everyone when we were young (okay, not Lavern or Gail, but most of us) we have the right to be trying past 75. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Bill of Rights in the Constitution.

Yarr!

You have to live long enough to be a pain in the tush to you kids! :D

Yarr.

Dang wenches!