Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not bad for a day off.

Day off? So you're another old person who has to work to keep the chihuahua wolf from the door?:snoopy:

Me, too, until they decree shorter months where I still get my same teaching retirement pittance and returns from what I paid into social security for 61 years.:Soapbox:

'Til then, it's edit, edit, edit. :e2chain: What are some other infirmary residents doing?:greenie

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a memory erase ray I pass through when I enter my house. It causes me to forget if I locked the car. And when I leave the house and get down the driveway, it causes me to forget if I locked the house door. :(

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Yep and before you know it, you're driving your house and sleeping in your car.

My issue is definitely short term memory. I have a task and ,without interruption, I can achieve it. But as soon as it's, "Honey where did you put the remote?", forget it. The next question will be, "Honey why are you walking around the house with a carton of milk?" and my only possible response is a blank stare.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My issue is definitely short term memory.

Yep, recent memory is a problem. I thank my lucky stars for routine, my laptop's memory, and a spouse who keeps an events calendar. :greenie

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, all. My apologies for my long absence: it's been rough for a while. Things might be looking up for now, so I'm back to plague you again.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a new Vietnam War documentary to be released in September: The Vietnam War, a Film by Ken Burns ad Lynn Novick
Ken Burns and Lynn Novick’s ten-part, 18-hour documentary series, THE VIETNAM WAR, tells the epic story of one of the most consequential, divisive, and controversial events in American history as it has never before been told on film. Visceral and immersive, the series explores the human dimensions of the war through revelatory testimony of nearly 80 witnesses from all sides—Americans who fought in the war and others who opposed it, as well as combatants and civilians from North and South Vietnam.

Sorry, it's an old person thing and this seemed like a comfortable place for a good cry. The ads bring back a lot of emotion and PBS is beginning to play them a bit too often. :cry:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, all. My apologies for my long absence: it's been rough for a while. Things might be looking up for now, so I'm back to plague you again.

:hi: Welcome back! Sorry you've had a rough time. :( But glad you're back here. :)

There's a new Vietnam War documentary to be released in September: The Vietnam War, a Film by Ken Burns ad Lynn Novick

Sorry, it's an old person thing and this seemed like a comfortable place for a good cry. The ads bring back a lot of emotion and PBS is beginning to play them a bit too often. :cry:

That sounds like an amazing series. I hope we get to see it here.

It's not a bad thing to have memories resurface if it gives one a chance to talk about them and, more importantly, talk about the emotions associated with them. You can always have a good cry here. :Hug2:

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was a park across the street from Grandpa's house in a tiny little town in Iowa. The old timers, a lot of them veterans, used to hang out in the park during the day. They were veterans of the Spanish-American War.
Ken you top that one you young whippersnapper?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was a park across the street from Grandpa's house in a tiny little town in Iowa. The old timers, a lot of them veterans, used to hang out in the park during the day. They were veterans of the Spanish-American War.
Ken you top that one you young whippersnapper?

Great story, Noirdood. Can't top it.

I can only remember one still-living Spanish-American War veteran. He was Great-uncle Ernest Parker, the last surviving vet of that war from Montana. Oh, the history he brought to life.

Happy Father's Day, you old coots.

BardSkye

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Got permission from my bosses (finally) to go to only 4 days a week.>:D<

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
My dad and some others from the Iowa National Guard chased Pancho Villa. Didn't catch him, though. Didn't even see him.
Because of Villa's incursion into New Mexico I think it was the Prez nationalized the national guard from every state in the union and sent them to the Mexican border. Pssst...don't tell the White House.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Got permission from my bosses (finally) to go to only 4 days a week.>:D<

Cool. I'm jealous. I might actually get more done in 4 10hr days than I do in 4 8hr ones because a certain bouncy, nervous Med Director wouldn't be here part of that time.

BardSkye

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was on 12 hour days, 4 on, 4 off, which I loved. They changed me to 5 days of 8 hours each, which I did not like. Now I'm on 8 hour days, but only Monday to Thursday.

Well, "days" isn't quite right, as I work 11 at night to 7 in the morning.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reached two age-related health milestones: Had my last pap smear. Good.

Have to start giving myself injections! Eeek! At least it's only once a week.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to report giving oneself an injection is surprisingly easy, at least at my age. I had to give myself a gamma globulin injection in Costa Rica when I was young and it was not easy. This wasn't bad at all.

Now if only the medicine works. :Thumbs:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm happy to report giving oneself an injection is surprisingly easy, at least at my age. I had to give myself a gamma globulin injection in Costa Rica when I was young and it was not easy. This wasn't bad at all.

Now if only the medicine works. :Thumbs:

Well done, MaeZe. It may be easier than you expected, but it still can't be pleasant. But it does mean that you're taking care of yourself and that's important. We're all doggone proud of you!!!! :)

Doggone.

See. I can speak American. :D

And talking of 'doggone,' where's Haggis got to?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Issues a BOLO, and dispatches a search party for our doggone, feisty Chi-Huey* :poke: