Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind thoughts. Haggis mentioned cherishing memories of our sis, and though her siblings, sons, granddaughter, nephews, and nieces are scattered from Montana to California, we got together this last week by computer screen and texts to enjoy wonderful memories. :ty:

Last edited:

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
I, just, want, everyone, to, know, how, much, I, enjoy, Chase, and, how, terrible, I, feel, for, him, and, his, entire, family, and, friends.

On a lighter note he is a hard working man for a retiree and he is getting so tired of me because now he knows how little I understand about the English language and use commas or the lack thereof to mask my deficiencies when I write and I swear to God I won't ever use a comma ever again in at least the short term because it is truly impossible to know where they go or don't go because you know... --- ***

Last edited:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I felt old today because I had to explain to someone how to join a webinar - apparently those are old school now too?!?!

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
Ha, like texting I figured webinars were a fad. Unfortunately, I finally broke down few months ago before learning how to text. Now it seems I can ignore learning about webinars! It's almost like Christmas!

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A webinar? Is that sort of like a conference for spiders?

I, just, want, everyone, to, know, how, much, I, enjoy, Chase, and, how, terrible, I, feel, for, him, and, his, entire, family, and, friends.

On a lighter note he is a hard working man for a retiree and he is getting so tired of me because now he knows how little I understand about the English language and use commas or the lack thereof to mask my deficiencies when I write and I swear to God I won't ever use a comma ever again in at least the short term because it is truly impossible to know where they go or don't go because you know... --- ***

I truly feel your discomfort there. The editor of my book did the same thing. Held all my commas to ransom and only gave some of them back when I made changes he liked. :( These editors are brutal! Word-warriors or word-worriers? :Shrug:

:roll:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Commas? In sign language we don't need no stinkin' commas.:snoopy:

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
A webinar? Is that sort of like a conference for spiders?

I truly feel your discomfort there. The editor of my book did the same thing. Held all my commas to ransom and only gave some of them back when I made changes he liked. :( These editors are brutal! Word-warriors or word-worriers? :Shrug:
I have learned my opinion of myself is indeed correct. I am dumb as a box of rocks! Heck, I don't even know enough to argue...:Shrug::roll:

Commas? In sign language we don't need no stinkin' commas.:snoopy:
The wife tells me when I wave my signing comma in the air, I need to keep that particular finger straighter so it looks more like an I! :ROFL:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The wife tells me when I wave my signing comma in the air, I need to keep that particular finger straighter so it looks more like an I! :ROFL:

In other news:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...know-it/ar-AAnGzlZ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"More than 70% of [McDonald's] orders come through the drive-thru. Now, many of those orders could end up shifting to curbside pickup.

"In the 1970s, McDonald's revolutionized convenience in the drive-thru to make getting high-quality food easy. . . . Now, that experience is being transformed once again. . . . If customers choose curbside pickup, they can skip the drive-thru line and a McDonald's employee will bring their food to their car."

Oh, wow! How totally new and rad! Wait . . . I have an even wilder original idea: Why not put the employees on roller skates? :rolleyes

roller_skate.jpg

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

In other news:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...know-it/ar-AAnGzlZ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"More than 70% of [McDonald's] orders come through the drive-thru. Now, many of those orders could end up shifting to curbside pickup.

"In the 1970s, McDonald's revolutionized convenience in the drive-thru to make getting high-quality food easy. . . . Now, that experience is being transformed once again. . . . If customers choose curbside pickup, they can skip the drive-thru line and a McDonald's employee will bring their food to their car."

Oh, wow! How totally new and rad! Wait . . . I have an even wilder original idea: Why not put the employees on roller skates? :rolleyes

roller_skate.jpg

Oh, come on. Nobody will go for that. How silly.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved Borge.

Me, too. I'll look around to see if I can find a version with subtitles, Gail.

How silly.

:greenie. Kay's brother Jack still lives in Harrisburg (no, the Oregon one) where he and Kay went to high school. He's looking through pictures to see if he can find one of Kay when she was a roller derby queen at A&W.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved Borge.

I still do. He was a class act. :)

Me, too. I'll look around to see if I can find a version with subtitles, Gail.

I wish I could do those subtitles for you. I have no idea how to write out the sounds that he makes for the various punctuation marks. :Shrug:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could do those subtitles for you. I have no idea how to write out the sounds that he makes for the various punctuation marks. :Shrug:

Yep. Beating a dead horse :deadhorse, but speech (and ASL) not having punctuation is the reason we can't base commas on were we take breaths. :greenie

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure Vernie will be sad but she'll grit her teeth and bear it. :e2bear:

I guess your way's better than to bare her teeth :e2teeth: and grit it.:Shrug:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not gonna respond, 'cause I'm in mourning for the next 30 days!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa:cry: