Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gail,
That sounds like some serious Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, and Lewis and Clark efforts to find your destination. And you didn't give up! I'm proud of ya. That your presentation went over well on top of all that is a big plus.

Mama Bear has GPS in her Prius and we have it on our cell phones, but I don't use it. Last Thursday, I drove an elderly friend from here to Annapolis (Maryland's capital city - 100 miles) 'cause she can't drive over a bridge longer than 10 feet or so and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge spans 4.5 miles of water. I got her to the right building without GPS, but I used a sat map to get the hell out of the city. I've driven in some big cities, e.g., Tokyo, London, Paris, Heidelberg, Montreal (none on a tractor), but the sooner I can get away from them, the better.

Congratulations!

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
Out of a cast a couple days ago and now into a splint reaching from my shoulder to my fingers. Can barely type and not enjoying life to its fullest right now! :e2beat::e2beat::e2beat:

My wife is tired me already and we have a month before the split comes off and then two more months after that of rehab, before he thinks I should be at 90%. :box:

Have a great holiday weekend, folks! :banana:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear from you, JJ. Glad you survived.

My wife is tired me already and we have a month before the split comes off . . .

We old stove-up guys can be cranky, so I don't blame your wife. In fact, I think it's damn fine of her to wait a whole month before she splits.

Kay says that way she can get just the right lawyer . . .

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray:Good to see you back, JJ. Hope the healing speeds up. :)

Well, if y'all drove on the proper side of the road...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

It doesn't help either if you're going the wrong way down a one-way street and wondering why all the traffic lights are facing the other way.

Not that I've ever done that.

This whole getting old thing mostly sucks.

FIFY :)

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
It didn't me long to learn to avoid Montreal coming to and from Maine to my dad's house. If I have a nightmare it's driving in Boston, where the drivers are so polite, or Naples (the one in Italy,not Maine) or maybe AmsterDAMN.

I know how you feel JJ, I can barely type too

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We remember:

Great-great Uncle Ernest . . . Ernest Parker, US Army private drummer, Spanish-American War
Great Uncle John . . . John Cupp, US Army corporal waggoner, World War I
Uncle_John.jpg

Grandad . . . Jesse Duncan, US Army sergeant, World War I
Grandad . . . Clay Nottingham, US Marine Corps gunnery sergeant, World War I
Dad . . . Cecil Nottingham, US Navy chief, World War II and Korea

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Speaking of getting old... here I sit... crick in my lower back. Helped Ol' Boy build a screen room over a three week span of time, no problems. Yesterday morning, I bent over to pick up a stick in the yard and WHAM.

Summanadawgdambich.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of getting old... here I sit... crick in my lower back. Helped Ol' Boy build a screen room over a three week span of time, no problems. Yesterday morning, I bent over to pick up a stick in the yard and WHAM.

Summanadawgdambich.
I do the same thing - whenever I get a kink or crick, I start speaking Afrikaans too.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many thanks to all who served. :e2salute:
You're welcome, Duchess, I'm sure from all those who served. We should not only remember those who gave up their lives immediately in service, but those whose wounds, physical and emotional, eventually took their lives. And let us not forget those who gave their full measure but have not yet returned home.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
(At least) 1996 vets descending from 13th great grand father Coenradt Ten Eyck. 216 KIA. Many more wounded. Thanks to all of them and those in your families as well

some gave their all at ..

French and Indian .. Revolution .. 1812 .. one at Alamo .. Mexcian .. Civil War .. two at Little Bighorn .. Spanish American .. WWI .. WWII .. Korea .. Viet Nam ..

many more offered

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Summanadawgdambich.

Youch!!! Sounds like a you got a muscle spasm in your back. Those are so darn painful! If that's what it is, then heat and massage work really well. Hope it goes away already. :Hug2:

Happy Memorial Day to all you 'Merican folks. I hope y'all have a great day and thanks to all the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to help make our world a safer place. Even us non-merican's remember and appreciate. :)

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Gail... it's better. Sore and stiff, but better. Good thing I had a three-day stretch off work to waste. :) Absorbine Jr. is a miracle potion.
I've found that the Dr. Haggis two-pronged therapy protocol works well, Absorbine Jr. applied liberally to the exterior, and Scotch applied to the interior.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
some gave their all at ..

French and Indian .. Revolution .. 1812 .. one at Alamo .. Mexcian .. Civil War .. two at Little Bighorn .. Spanish American .. WWI .. WWII .. Korea .. Viet Nam ..

Good thoughts today for our heroes at rest who fought the good fight for country and comrades. :e2salute:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this in another thread:

As I was doing research for my novel I found this 2600 year old dictionary of synonyms from the library of Ashurbanipal.

synonym_list_tablet.jpg

I think it's very disrespectful of our dear Synonym to reveal how old she is and that her library book clay tablet is long overdue.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's very disrespectful of our dear Synonym to reveal how old she is and that her library book clay tablet is long overdue.

JB was an apprentice when Rosetta was carving the stone. I'll bet he can translate that for you. :D