Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I pour out a shot glass full of bourbon, drink it, and pour the rest of the bottle in the chili. Not always the best chili, but nobody remembers.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
My uncle used to be the chef for any mountain oyster parties my dad hosted. He'd soak them in a mixture of eggs and bourbon, before dredging them in flour and tossing them in the hot oil.

We always knew when the meal was ready because he'd be wasted. (every time he gave the oysters a shot, he'd have one too) As long as you don't think about what you're actually eating...they taste pretty good! :tongue

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
My uncle used to be the chef for any mountain oyster parties my dad hosted. He'd soak them in a mixture of eggs and bourbon, before dredging them in flour and tossing them in the hot oil.

We always knew when the meal was ready because he'd be wasted. (every time he gave the oysters a shot, he'd have one too) As long as you don't think about what you're actually eating...they taste pretty good! :tongue

Um. I'll pass.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um. I'll pass.

Me, too.

And hold the chilies. (I haz a baby mouth.) But you can bring on that seafood. I've never eaten real American lobster. :( I don't know if our local ones taste as good as I'm told the Maine lobsters do. And crab! Hubby and I used to watch that series, 'World's Deadliest Catch' and, since those poor guys risk life and limb getting those crabs, the least I can do is try one. It's on the list for my next trip to the U.S. :)

*fluffs cushions*

*puts out bowl of one-handed snacks*

*waits to hear if JJ made it*

:D

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eagle, Idaho, during Mountain Oyster Festival should be on everyone's bucket list.

You're nuts! I mean, you're wrong . . . the best testicle festival is the Testes Festies at Rock Creek Lodge in Clinton, Montana, but if you attend this year, the downside may be having to put up with a lot of jokes involving Clinton and balls. :Shrug:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. No JJ yet? *taps foot*

Doesn't he know we don't have a lot of time to wait around? :tongue

I'm babysitting dogs again. Dexter is about Haggis size, although a lot chunkier than a chihooie. (He's also a pervert. Likes to watch me take a shower. First one in if I have to go to the bathroom.) I'd forgotten that he likes to 'help' when you get out of the shower. When he started licking my ankle...

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
oh dear...I hadn't thought of that Porter. He is the master of disguises.

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. No JJ yet? *taps foot*

Doesn't he know we don't have a lot of time to wait around?

Yep, :e2Order:get well soon, JJ.

I'm babysitting dogs again. Dexter is about Haggis size, although a lot chunkier than a chihooie. (He's also a pervert. Likes to watch me take a shower. First one in if I have to go to the bathroom.) I'd forgotten that he likes to 'help' when you get out of the shower. When he started licking my ankle...

Hey, Dex (AKA Haggis). :e2shower:Got any photos? :e2photo:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone hush this minute. I can't sleep with all the racket going on in here. Don't think I won't get out the hose.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Hah. Lucky for you FB, it happened to be nap time.

Which happens quite often around here. ;)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dexter is about Haggis size, although a lot chunkier than a chihooie. (He's also a pervert. Likes to watch me take a shower. First one in if I have to go to the bathroom.) I'd forgotten that he likes to 'help' when you get out of the shower. When he started licking my ankle...

When Dexter goes into the bathroom with you and stares at you in the shower, what he's really doing is uploading.

When he looks away and closes his eyes, he's transmitting.

When all other canines look like this.....

laughing20chihuey_zpsdjpozh4x.jpg

.... they're downloading.

You're broadcasting selfies, Syn.

Just thought you should know.

:D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Gail has just ruined doggie innocence in my mind. However, if they're sending pics of me around the dog net, I can only feel pity for the poor things! :tongue