Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Tottie Scone

Registered
Reaction score
I went and did a domain-specific search for "chihuey" and I still have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Cheers!

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went and did a domain-specific search for "chihuey" and I still have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Cheers!
"Chihuey" is American-speak for any short-tempered, ankle-biting, Lagavulin-guzzling critter, usually of the canid variety and Chihooahooa persuasion.

ETA: Usually of snack size.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
"Chihuey" is American-speak for any short-tempered, ankle-biting, Lagavulin-guzzling critter, usually of the canid variety and Chihooahooa persuasion.

ETA: Usually of snack size.
*takes off with JBears latest pickinick basket*

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry Tottie. This place has a vocabulary all it's own.

You'll catch on. :)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do we get a chance to critique the chihuey when you're finished? :D

It's a work-in-progress. :D

Missed a spot.

Oh? Where? :)

Hey, guys. It rained here last night. Inside my house. Our water heater popped its noodle and sent water cascading down the ceiling, walls and hallway floor. Mopping up operations have been completed but I'm still waiting for the plumber to make an appearance. *sigh*

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. It rained here last night. Inside my house. Our water heater popped its noodle and sent water cascading down the ceiling, walls and hallway floor. Mopping up operations have been completed but I'm still waiting for the plumber to make an appearance. *sigh*
Oh, sorry to hear that, Darlin'. "...popped its noodle..." sounds like the pressure relief valve blew, indicating an underlying problem, e.g., one of the two thermostats, pressure control switch, etc. Or, the sacrificial anode wore out and the tank rusted at the bottom.

I despise plumbing. If a container made of any material is designed to hold a liquid and can leak, it WILL leak and qualifies as plumbing. Therefore, pipes, hoses, pumps, buckets, ladles, rain gutters, bladders and kidneys are all plumbing. Electricity and electronics are both much easier to work with and fix, although electricity can leak too. I worked as a plumber in a past life and can be there in a day or two - maybe three.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Any excuse to travel JB? Or, any excuse to visit a warmer climate? Actually, could you use someone to hand you tools? :D

Sorry to hear about your unexpected flood Gail. Water leaks are the pits. They leave damage you don't even know about, until you decide to do a bit of remodeling. (voice of experience here) :rolleyes:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Gail had a water leak, I had an oil leak. Must be something in the air? I had an appointment set up for tomorrow to get a small oil leak in the Jeep fixed. Apparently, it couldn't wait that long.

I'd just headed out to deliver the mail when something caught my attention in the side mirror. A whole lot of white smoke! The tow truck operator and I are on a first name basis anyway. The first think he asked me is, "did you break your Jeep again"...well duh. Now I have two days off, instead of one.

Guess I'll work on my third attempt at a gripping first chapter that catches the reader's interest, while not being too wordy, etc. It's not going too well so far.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Baby, unfortunately, leaks from both ends. It is fortunate that she is so adorable.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I know, it's too bad. You two would make a cute couple.

Rough on the carpets, though.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
It's true, she's a delicate flower.

Be gentle with her.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
*flosses Baby's fangs to remove particles of rotting flesh*

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You should take her to a newbiecue. She'd love that.