Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
You gotta love bireaucracy...I had to pay my royalties taxes for 2012 today. You see where this is going, right?

I've tried paying them at the end of September and after 2 hours in line they told me they tax statement was not out yet and I had to wait to get in the mail. I get home and what do I find in my mail box? My tax statement.

So I tried paying them again today. I woke up early, when to my local branch of tax collection and waiting. And waited. After 20 minutes (thank God it was only 20 min) they told me that they cannot cash my royalties taxes there and send me somewhere else. On the other side of Bucharest, almost.

So, I go there. I find a teller, wait in line, and he tells me that I need to go to another office. I go there, and surprise, suprise, another line. I waste over 30 min there as well only to have the guy behind the counter hand the guy next to him a piece of paper, without which, apparently I couldn't pay my taxes.

It's tiredsome...
*sigh*

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
You'd think they'd make it easier, especially when you're paying them!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'd think, but that would be the reasonable way to do it.

Do what many do here. Think up a bogus reason not to pay your taxes, then wait for the guys in the black SUV and black helicopter. After a brief standoff, they'll usually accept a check or debit card. :D

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
You gotta love bireaucracy...I had to pay my royalties taxes for 2012 today. You see where this is going, right?

I've tried paying them at the end of September and after 2 hours in line they told me they tax statement was not out yet and I had to wait to get in the mail. I get home and what do I find in my mail box? My tax statement.

So I tried paying them again today. I woke up early, when to my local branch of tax collection and waiting. And waited. After 20 minutes (thank God it was only 20 min) they told me that they cannot cash my royalties taxes there and send me somewhere else. On the other side of Bucharest, almost.

So, I go there. I find a teller, wait in line, and he tells me that I need to go to another office. I go there, and surprise, suprise, another line. I waste over 30 min there as well only to have the guy behind the counter hand the guy next to him a piece of paper, without which, apparently I couldn't pay my taxes.

It's tiredsome...
*sigh*

What part of New Jersey is Bucharest in?

Last edited:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Piscataway.

Hey, hibernation mouth, we have kids learning to read in this thread. Y'know Cella and Andreea . . . and a li'l bear named Sami.

Please say, Weeweekittiway.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, hibernation mouth, we have kids learning to read in this thread. Y'know Cella and Andreea . . . and a li'l bear named Sami.

Please say, Weeweekittiway.
Sami's grandfather was a sailor; so she already has a potty-mouth. (Well, she's working on it - with help from Papa Bear.
icon10.gif
)

Where's Lavern?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's feminese or womanese for "Well, hello there, sailor."

Kind of multilingual sign language, then. Gotcha. We guys are never too old to learn that we'll never know enough about the ladies. :flag:

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kind of multilingual sign language, then. Gotcha. We guys are never too old to learn that we'll never know enough about the ladies. :flag:

and when you do it will change
What they said. From the minds of two wise, old farts.

There's a statement I never thought I'd make - kinda scary, actually.

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, they're on to us. Change it! Change it! Change it!

*10 points to anyone who knows what comedian said that

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
hope Chase wasnt watching the Mendala tribute or something hoping for help from the SA signer guy whose hands were waving in the air even though my cousin Ken Kudu has been working with the guy as long as I have been working with Chase to get him up to speed in sentence structure and stuff but neither one of them as consistently proficient as Me n Ken are so here everyone is making fun of the poor guy and putting pictures of him on the news and stuff because Gail is not doing a good job of hiding him and stuff from those people because

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
hope Chase wasnt watching the Mendala tribute or something hoping for help from the SA signer guy whose hands were waving in the air even though my cousin Ken Kudu has been working with the guy as long as I have been working with Chase to get him up to speed in sentence structure and stuff but neither one of them as consistently proficient as Me n Ken are so here everyone is making fun of the poor guy and putting pictures of him on the news and stuff because Gail is not doing a good job of hiding him and stuff from those people because

Probably a bad case of stage fright, he got finger-tied...