Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, I think my secret is a life of not worrying, mixed with Jack Daniels and sake Grits in the AM and Haagen-Dazs in the PM.
FIFY.;)
I ain't a Baptist, Lavern. Yeah, I know, nobody's perfect.
icon10.gif

They probably slipped you a Sake Kim Chee cocktail
Now, that is cause to shudder. Maybe it was soju. When inbibing sake for the first time, especially heated, it will grab your sinuses, wring them out, and hand them back to you - until you get used to it.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I try to stay away from anyone connected with the medical field. Anyone who goes to see them is either sick or gets sick, so I figure why invite poor health. Does that make sense?

Actually, there are some pretty good stats I'll look for when I can find some spare time showing going to a hospital is much, much worse than the dangers posed by such mundane things as cars, twisters, guns, and matches all put together.

It's called nosocomial infection, nasty stuff you catch in the hospital. Then there's getting wrong meds (Oops! We're sure sorry for your loss, folks, but he went quick).

It's good you're staying in good health, JB. Living with two young ladies, you'll need it.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tee-Hee - me neither.

(And trust me, I could put a few Rusty Nails away before I got all holy and sanctified) ;)
Hah! Andreea was right; we had a bet going and she said that you were a Wiccan. I never would have guessed it.
icon10.gif

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DANG!

Hah! Andreea was right; we had a bet going and she said that you were a Wiccan. I never would have guessed it.
icon10.gif

If this wasn't so funny, I'd be a wee bit ticked off. :roll:

*Makes mental note to "lay hands" on JB next time he drifts off to sleep in the Day Room*

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If this wasn't so funny, I'd be a wee bit ticked off. :roll:

*Makes mental note to "lay hands" on JB next time he drifts off to sleep in the Day Room*
I'm assuming that means laying on of hands on me throat, right? :chair

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I had a doc visit just last week. My doc (14 going on 15) had a medical student with him (in diapers). Rather than telling me what I have wrong with me, they've decided it's easier for them to tell me what's not wrong. Takes less time too.

While Lavern is layin' hands, I'll tell y'all a funny story. Happened to me.

I went in for my annual physical a few years ago (before I decided the same as the rest of you to avoid folks in the medical profession at all costs) and he had a young intern working with him - looked like Dougie Houser, I swear! Doc asked if I minded the kid doing the honors and I said, "Nope; we all gotta learn sometime."

Kid takes my temp, looks in my eyes with the flashy light, looks in my mouth with the wooden stick... :e2heartbe then he reaches for the bright, shiny new stethoscope hanging around his neck and puts the ear buds in his ears and grasps the other end, prepared to place it...

Hmmm.

You can see it in his expression. Where the hell....? This woman's bosom is... uh... well, I'll just stick it in the middle!

I looked up at the ceiling and waited. :rolleyes:

He scowled. "Ma'am... did you know... you've got a heart murmur?"

I leveled a look at him and smiled. "Really? Did you know you're listening to my bra? Maybe it would help if you put the end of that thing over my heart instead of in the middle of my boobs. I daresay there's a couple or three inches of flesh there you're not used to listening through."

He turned seven shades of red, maroon, purple, and green; then he moved the stethoscope thingy to the right place and managed a grin. "Ah. There we go. You're fine," he declared with as much authority as he could muster at the moment - which wasn't much.

:roll:

Bet he's still embarrassed, all these years later... or he enjoys telling the story as much as I do.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He turned seven shades of red, maroon, purple, and green; then he moved the stethoscope thingy to the right place and managed a grin. "Ah. There we go. You're fine," he declared with as much authority as he could muster at the moment - which wasn't much.

Bet he's still embarrassed, all these years later... or he enjoys telling the story as much as I do.
That's funny, OFG.

I always wondered, when I see a urologist or proctologist with a stethoscope around their neck, just what the hell do they think they're gonna listen to?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ma'am...did you know you've got a heart murmur?

Keeping abreast of a similar subject, does anybody recall this avatar I used:

hearnoevil3.jpg

I loved it. It was so me, 'til they kicked me out of the honorary monkey club. I still don't know why.

commonancestor.jpg

tinker

Winging it!
Registered
Reaction score
That's how Father Mulcahy cured a puppy of being a lush on M*A*S*H. He let the puppy OD on whiskey in front of Rosy's Bar. It worked for that puppy too.

Tried that with my first husband ... Didn't work.:e2drunk:

Now the 12-year-old doc at the VA wants me to cut caffeine back to two cups a day. First no salt, then no sugar, now no egg yolks, and soon no coffee. Gettin' old hardly seems worth the hassles.

My doc prescribed cholesterol pills, high blood pressure pills and a variety of other fascinating things when I last visited. I no longer have any restrictions when it comes to coffee, eggs, and yes ... even grits!
:hooray:

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My doc prescribed cholesterol pills, high blood pressure pills and a variety of other fascinating things when I last visited. I no longer have any restrictions when it comes to coffee, eggs, and yes ... even grits!
:hooray:
I understand, or read somewhere, or will read it somewhere when I write it, that grits is good for fighting high cholesterol, high blood pressure, thyroid dysfunction, holy and sanctified conditions (well...usually), and ED.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone lead me to the barfitorium. (I knew that would happen. Sorry.)

Now, that's actually quite good. Can't find bitter lemon often in the states but it is a nice change up from tonic when you can.

It's made by Schweppes. :)

You can see it in his expression. Where the hell....? This woman's bosom is... uh... well, I'll just stick it in the middle!

I'm sure he felt a right boob!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While Lavern is layin' hands, I'll tell y'all a funny story. Happened to me...

DANG, OFG!

We could swap stories. ;)

Remind me to tell y'all the story of how I went in for oral surgery - when I was 18 yrs. old to correct an outrageous over bite- And the young interns kept coming into my room to "check on my heart murmur."

(If I had known then, what I know now, I would own that danged hospital - Sheesh, talk about misconduct) :rant:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
DANG, OFG!

We could swap stories. ;)

Remind me to tell y'all the story of how I went in for oral surgery - when I was 18 yrs. old to correct an outrageous over bite- And the young interns kept coming into my room to "check on my heart murmur."

(If I had known then, what I know now, I would own that danged hospital - Sheesh, talk about misconduct) :rant:
In fairness, I only came back twice.