Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
December the oneth! The count-down sign on our front door says only 24 days 'til Christmas! Lights and tree up. Now just waiting for Krampus to bring lumps of coal. :greenie

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Timberline Lodge (MT Hood, Oregon) doesn't advertise it anymore because they don't have to but on Christmas Eve, Santa Claus (Real beard) comes down the mountain on a sleigh pulled by real reindeer. Hotel guests and those there for a family style dinners get to see it but it is otherwise a closed event. Usually the snow is flying sideways. It'san absolutely magical event for young children. Santa comes in, holds the kids on his lap and holds conversation with each for a few minutes and gives them a nice little gift. If ever a kid wonders if Santa is real .... (Timberline lodge is the one in "The shining" and you are greeted by a St Bernard as you arrive)

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
They've changed it up a little ... but it still looks magical

I had heard the both that the reindeer were no longer part of it and that they were. The chimney is a nice replacement. I wouldn't mind playing that Santa some day though I keep putting it off elsewhere. Got to do it. It's a fun time of the year for me as every time I go out somebody, especially kids, think I might be Santa in civies.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ABC's Brian Ross was suspended today for perpetrating fake news and immediately sent to Mars's larger moon, Phobos.

The Martian moons have been an ABC retreat for news fakers since the April 1, 1959, bulletin claiming both Phobos and Demos were artificial satellites caused widespread fear and panic (the purpose of fake news). Both moons are now teeming with banished network reporters.

Readers are cautioned to be wary of national news fakery, especially those with detailed accounts.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap, there are days I hate this aging body stuff. Meds, side effects, plus they're not working well enough, it sucks. Tomorrow I'll remind myself how it could be worse. Tonight I'm just going to be annoyed.:rant:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap, there are days I hate this aging body stuff. Meds, side effects, plus they're not working well enough, it sucks. Tomorrow I'll remind myself how it could be worse. Tonight I'm just going to be annoyed.:rant:

I agree, and you ain't alone. I have four med-dispensing boxes, one each for breakfast, lunch, supper, and bedtime.

Yep, since the war on opioids has focused on prescriptionsv:e2heartbe, my pain meds have been reduced to alternatives and are even more marginal.

My knee brace and walker allow more mobility, but they sure get in the way of rapid transit. :e2beat:

We need a 12-step program. :Hi, my names Chase. It's been 34 minutes since my last unbearable twinge. :cry:

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've got a leaky transmission, my dipstick shows I low on oil, my tires are bald and I can barely see out my windshield, my odometer has turned over several times, and my exhaust is all plugged up, but I guess not bad for a 1944 model. Now i can just make it out of the garage before I break down I'll just roll this old rattletrap down the road.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've got a leaky transmission, my dipstick shows I low on oil, my tires are bald and I can barely see out my windshield, my odometer has turned over several times, and my exhaust is all plugged up, but I guess not bad for a 1944 model. Now i can just make it out of the garage before I break down I'll just roll this old rattletrap down the road.

But, dang! A 1944 model is still a classic!

:D

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But, dang! A 1944 model is still a classic!

I had a driver's license at 13 to drive from the farm to school and back, but I didn't get a car of my own until I worked at the Standard Oil station after school and bought a 1938 Chevy coupe for $100. It was so cool!

A '44 of any make or model would've been far too new. :greenie

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooo, you all sound like you have had a lot of fun.

I toast to thee, those with words as sweet as wine. *Clink*

porlock

Registered
Reaction score
I had a driver's license at 13 to drive from the farm to school and back, but I didn't get a car of my own until I worked at the Standard Oil station after school and bought a 1938 Chevy coupe for $100. It was so cool!

A '44 of any make or model would've been far too new. :greenie

You turn it into a hot rod? My wife learned to drive on the ranch, guiding the old farm pickup along while her father forked hay out the back for the cattle. This was New Mexico, late 50's. I learned on a '57 Chevy Bel Air, bench seats.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've got a leaky transmission, my dipstick shows I low on oil, my tires are bald and I can barely see out my windshield, my odometer has turned over several times, and my exhaust is all plugged up,...

You just described our 2004 Versa. It's going to be expensive to fix, but we have to get it working reliably before my husband takes the good car to New Orleans in the spring for a week.

Sometimes I don't take my meds.... not, like the Metformin or my GERDs meds, but like, I have all these little pills that are supposed to help with some stuff. I can't tell that they do, and some days it doesn't seem worth it. I don't know why I get so pill averse. I'm also averse to making doctor appointments. We moved and I need a knew endocrinologist. My prescriptions are almost out, but I can't seem to make myself call. I so hate going to the doctor... especially a new doctor. :e2paperba

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know what that's like, Heza - or I'm soon going to find out. We're moving to the other end of the country at the end of January. Going to have to find a whole lot of new people/places/things etc.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're moving to the other end of the country at the end of January.

Aarrgghh! Our last move was in the same complex from an apartment to a townhouse, and it was arduous. Change is awful for us elders.

I hope your new digs are to your liking.:Hug2:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, "a date which will live in infamy," was our anniversary. Kay and I went to Portland with another couple for a dinner cruise on the Willamette River. Lighted Christmas boats circled our ship. The silent lights of Portland and the dazzling small craft made a fantastic show.

http://www.christmasships.org/gallery/photo-gallery

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, "a date which will live in infamy," was our anniversary. Kay and I went to Portland with another couple for a dinner cruise on the Willamette River. Lighted Christmas boats circled our ship. The silent lights of Portland and the dazzling small craft made a fantastic show.

So romantic. NICE.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
Christmas ship were always a highlight, even in a state where way too many light up way too often

Over here on the other shore I had to turn the lights on my snow blower last night. Nobody is calling that thing silent.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

http://www.christmasships.org/gallery/photo-gallery

Congrats on the anniversary, Chase. What a fabulous show those boats make. So glad you had a lovely evening!! :)