Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In special honor of women veterans, WWII Navy vet Elaine Abraham is grand marshal for Albany's annual Vets Day parade tomorrow.
Our own Porter is also a Navy veteran. :e2salute: Either aboard the USS Monitor or CSS Merrimack--I forget which. :greenie.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great photo from back in the day, Porter. Thanks for your service.

A month shy of 20, this is me crossing the Delaware in General George's army:

1961.jpg

Last edited:

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
How was Trenton? ... heard there are not many great restaurants there ... but you can get a decent hoagie
thank you as well

grandma2isaac

Registered
Reaction score
So appreciative of you guys leaving home and putting your lives on hold to ensure our freedoms here at home! I so appreciate you all!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So appreciative of you guys leaving home and putting your lives on hold to ensure our freedoms here at home! I so appreciate you all!

:ty:, Grandma. Well said. I have the same appreciation for all veterans past, present, and future. :e2salute:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up in Canuck land it was a little early for snow but it was only a dusting.

Still, WINTER APPROACHES! BRACE YOURSELVES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's a miserable cut-off low system moving through here today and it's cold. Mid November!! We're supposed to be moving into the really warm weather now but today's highs are set to be 17C/62F and I'm shivering.

Why are you laughing?

My winter slippers aren't that ugly!

Sheesh!

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
fortunately the dogs like cold weather.

in other news I passes the ten mile mark on my virtual walk across the country from West Quoddy to Cannon Beach.
To make it interesting I research my route. for instance .. this as I passed through Lubec

Trip by bypasses the town. Want some gold? In 1897/98 Local Reverand Jernegan and Charles Fisher from Martha's Vineyard promised success in removing gold from salt water. While the sea does contain suspended gold it still is not feasible to refine it but the Electrolytic Marine Salts Company claimed the ability and successfully marketed shares until they shut down their mill and "disappeared". The town was also the home of the oldest couple in the airplane, who embarked on their first commercial air flight ... on 9/11/2001 ... plane boarded a few passengers in Portland, ME who were carrying box cutters .. oops.
I'm down about 60 lbs so far ... past the half way point ... largely with thanks to my VA dietitian ... no she's not making me eat army food.