Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
I can chum you in with a single word...err... substance.

Cocoa. :banana:

Wry, indeed. :e2beat: :e2moon:

BTW. Hello. :hi: Have we met? Have you been here before?
Just that one time at band camp. 'Member? Behind the bleachers? :e2kissy::e2kissy::e2kissy:

Did you go AWOL or just lose your way back?
A slave driver has been whipping me into shape. Bugger still can't teach me where commas go.

I think J.J got locked in the Sauna (again) :rolleyes
Ask Gail. :e2brows::e2brows::e2brows:

I capitalized both Albany and Oregon on the no-refunds contract for a first-come, first-served spot on the guest queen bed.
I get dibs on the middle. See you in two hours, 38 minutes. :e2bike2:

166 miles
Light trafficVia US-12, I-5 S
2 hr 38 min without traffic

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get dibs on the middle. See you in two hours, 38 minutes. :e2bike2:

Okay, For $500, you get the middle of the queen bed. Only $250 more gets a place for your dog, Trigger. :snoopy:

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
Gail don't know jack about nothing!

:2angel:
But, but, you said...the cajoling, the soft whispers...it was all inveiglement? :e2cry:

Worry not, my fair Gail. Nothing more shall pass my lips...:cape:

Okay, For $500, you get the middle of the queen bed. Only $250 more gets a place for your dog, Trigger. :snoopy:
Is insurance available for possible/probably black eyes?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

But what if my dog's called Buster?

:Shrug:

Worry not, my fair Gail. Nothing more shall pass my lips...
super.gif

I should hope not. A gentleman never tells! :e2brows:

Last edited:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But what if my dog's called Buster?

At $250, Buster is welcome, too.

JJ's inference was about his dog, Trigger, headbutting a relative to give her a black eye. Trigger might need to improve his bed-sharing manners.

This photo is of gas lines at Costco last night. In all my years in Albany, I've never experienced more than a two-car wait for gas. :crazy:

Costco_gas.jpg

The line of stalled cars into Madras, Oregon, was miles long. Kay and I feel as if we're under siege.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Wonders if I could sell a few (hundred) monogrammed bed pans to the folks in that there gas line* :ROFL:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At $250, Buster is welcome, too.

JJ's inference was about his dog, Trigger, headbutting a relative to give her a black eye. Trigger might need to improve his bed-sharing manners.

This photo is of gas lines at Costco last night. In all my years in Albany, I've never experienced more than a two-car wait for gas. :crazy:

Costco_gas.jpg

The line of stalled cars into Madras, Oregon, was miles long. Kay and I feel as if we're under siege.

That's frustrating. I've been watching the ODOT cams and the roads looked clear except that section from Prineville east. I feel misled.

We're driving to Madras Sunday, taking an extra 5 gallons of gas. Thought we'd fill up in Portland.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It'll be a real bugger if it's overcast and raining, huh? :roll:

Oh, my! What a riot would ensue. The elite junk scientists seeking popular tenure at OSU across the river are already "proving" the eclipse was caused by train smoke and timber-chip processing right here in blue-collar Albany. Poor weather would also be our fault.

We're bringing our own port-a-potty. Bought it for Burning Man, one of my better investments.

Good luck getting fuel in Portland this weekend. << That's a real wish, not a sarcastic remark.
I think you're smart to bring your own bed, board, and bathroom to Madras.

I also hope you get a beautiful view as Madras is even more spot-on directly below the eclipse than Albany.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my! What a riot would ensue. The elite junk scientists seeking popular tenure at OSU across the river are already "proving" the eclipse was caused by train smoke and timber-chip processing right here in blue-collar Albany. Poor weather would also be our fault.

Good luck getting fuel in Portland this weekend. << That's a real wish, not a sarcastic remark.
I think you're smart to bring your own bed, board, and bathroom to Madras.

I also hope you get a beautiful view as Madras is even more spot-on directly below the eclipse than Albany.

People are creatures of habit, all lined up there getting gas at Costco. It's only a tankful, I suspect there will be plenty of gas at the stations that have higher prices. Regardless, we're bringing an extra 5 gallons. I'm not too worried.

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
Our plan is to watch my chickens. See if they actually get ready for bed and roost. Then when the sun 'comes up' again, will my roosters crow?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dunno. I'm pretty much in the dark about it. :pinata

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: I always though it was my dad's 40 year old smoker, and now I find out it was just train smoke.

But, but, you said...the cajoling, the soft whispers...it was all inveiglement? :e2cry:

Worry not, my fair Gail. Nothing more shall pass my lips...:cape:
You can tell me. I'm sure Gail wouldn't mind. And I'm pretty sure the guy with bushy eyebrows won't mind neither.

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
You can tell me. I'm sure Gail wouldn't mind. And I'm pretty sure the guy with bushy eyebrows won't mind neither.
If you're sure she won't, that's good enough for me. Perhaps I should write a book...a tell-all, with all the juicy tidbits. Nothing embellished, of course, keep it whittled down to seven hundred...maybe eight hundred pages. :yessmiley

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
She cain't. Don't listen J.J.PITTS. I got the volume turned all the way down. She can't hear 'em no matter what she say. You just keep writin' that autobiography of yers.

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! I definitely didn't say Novel. *Goes up to previous post and makes a minor change.*