Old Fart's and Pouffes Bar, Grill, and Hogewey Infirmary

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Ya'll have enough money for bed pans? and Nurse Ratchett??? And all we have at the Loony Bin is a few stray rats and a handful of microbes to monitor the halls. Somebody's gonna hear about this. *Smacks into door.* *Reads sign 'Pull Dummy Not Push'.* *Opens door - and exits huffily.*

Oh and I'm with pk - lurves Meat Lovers quiche.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Ya'll have enough money for bed pans? and Nurse Ratchett??? And all we have at the Loony Bin is a few stray rats and a handful of microbes to monitor the halls. Somebody's gonna hear about this. *Smacks into door.* *Reads sign 'Pull Dummy Not Push'.* *Opens door - and exits huffily.*

Obviously you haven't found the food stash under Vernie's bed yet in the asylum.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess Porter was just a flash-in-the-(bed)pan. Sure wish he's come back and liven the place with somebody to talk trash about. :greenie

Does this place do food? I'm a tad hungry.

Just green Jell-O. :welcome: to the infirmary.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
braized chicken lungs

Mmmmmm, dyno-mite!:fistpump

Speaking of which, how goes the publishing of your dynamite mystery/thriller, Dead Roses? I'd like to own a copy if I knew where to shop for it.

Flanderso

Registered
Reaction score

I can always whip you up a Quiche, if you like - Vegetarian or Meat Lovers?

Also, please take your bed pan to Nurse Ratchett, so she can check it, to be sure it's regulation size. :D

A quiche would be great. But more meat than egg, if such a thing is possible.

And as for my bed pan, I can tell you now, it is non-regulation size, due to my non-regulation size rectum. if this is a problem, then I can take my bed pan and find a quiche some place else.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'll take it, but I'm not paying for it. I spent all my cash on my bespoke bed pan.

And thanks for the welcome Chase!

:welcome: and don't eat the Jell'O, whatever you do! I mean, seriously, don't touch it. You really don't want to know where it's been because

*considers a range of bedpan puns*

*wonders about seating options*

*wanders off to make tea*

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
*Watches the Jell'O slither off with the bedpans*
I don't know Gail - looks might tasty to me.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Obviously you haven't found the food stash under Vernie's bed yet in the asylum.
Snitches get stitches! (Just sayin')

:e2cry: Vern's been stealing food - from the Bin?
No, silly! - I've been stealing food from The Asylum - Have you even been in the canteen? - The food is amazing - They even serve Uncle Ted's ice cream!!! :snoopy:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Where I can get me some stitches?

Ted's got some pretty wild ideas. I'd like to try that habanero and strawberry ice cream.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Snitches get stitches! (Just sayin')

PFT. . . First he'd have to find the asylum, then find your cell room there. And we all know the hallways in the asylum are eternally changing. You'd have plenty of time to move the stash.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
PFT. . . First he'd have to find the asylum, then find your cell room there. And we all know the hallways in the asylum are eternally changing.
Rowling got a hold of this thread. I've never even caught a glimpse of her roaming the halls.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmmmm, dyno-mite!:fistpump

Speaking of which, how goes the publishing of your dynamite mystery/thriller, Dead Roses? I'd like to own a copy if I knew where to shop for it.

I've gotten as far as making a list of ten agents I'm going to present it to. That a major break in my procrastination plan. Got to find me a trash can for the replies first.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feeling old and happy at the same time. I'm watching Joan Baez's 75th birthday concert on PBS. Paul Simon and Baez just played The Boxer together. He looks so old and I'm so happy to have grown up with Simon and Garfunkel. What a privilege.

An interview I'll never forget, Art G was describing one of the first times he heard S&G on the radio and he said his thought was, "Those guys must be having so much fun." That has stuck with me all these years. Hard to say why.

Gawd I love this music. May you all stay forever young.

Last edited:

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Well, thank you MaeZe. I've watched some old Peter Paul & Mary youtube vids. A bit before my time, but I really enjoyed being introduced to songs of theirs that I had never heard before. I especially like this one.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There was an incredible concert, The Weavers, Peter Paul and Mary, Pete Seeger, and Arlo Guthrie & family reunion at Carnegie Hall in New York from 2003 that's been replayed recently. So fucking good. Trying to find a link, I'll keep looking. You can find the individual songs on Youtube if you look for the "Folk Legends" concert.

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, oh, oh, Peter, Paul & Mary, Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas & Papas, The Shadows, The Hollies, The beach Boys, Roy Orbison ... I love that whole era of music! Practically everything from the 60's and 70's... even Motown and Percy Sledge and a whole lot of C&W stuff. Loveitloveitloveit!

*sigh*

They just don't music like that any more.

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Linky or I'm not buying that Porter. And you better not be trying to pawn off some Lady Gaga like that's you singing. :tongue

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, oh, oh, Peter, Paul & Mary, Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas & Papas, The Shadows, The Hollies, The beach Boys, Roy Orbison ... I love that whole era of music! Practically everything from the 60's and 70's... even Motown and Percy Sledge and a whole lot of C&W stuff. Loveitloveitloveit!

*sigh*

They just don't music like that any more.

Nope. They don't.