Any Kiwis out there ?

SamuelKristopher

Registered
Reaction score
Another Kiwi here! I miss New Zealand, but I like being in Europe, at the centre of world culture. As a lover of opera, one can simply not compare Europe with NZ. I mean, they do try in Wellington and Auckland, but it's just not the same. Plus, Europe is closer to everywhere for traveling :)

Chapters 1-10 are already 50k, and the book has 29 chapters. From lurking here, I gather that 120k is a hard sell, and 150k is fatal.

I suppose I should be worried that my first novel came out at 310,000 words?

MaoriWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Kia Ora koutou katoa!!!

He 'tumomo Kiwi' ahau lol - jokes, heya everyone!! I'm a Maori girl, Kiwi living in Aussie :) Awesome to see some Kiwi's around here. I'm SOOOOOO FOB to this and have even had a little bit of a growling (lol) because I didn't know the house rules proper. But hey!!! All good :) I know now!!!

Awesome to read what other people are up to. Anyone here Maori or Nesian by any chance? Just out of interest :)

Kia Ora raa :)

Kim
www.maoriwriter.com

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kia ora, Kim! I'm another Yank transplant to NZ -- love it here, and am never going back :D

MaoriWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Kia ora, Kim! I'm another Yank transplant to NZ -- love it here, and am never going back :D

Kia Ora ummmm…..'Yank Transplant' lol. Arohamai lol, I'm FOB as to this whole writing forum thingy. Even gota growling on my first day (Maaaari lol) but learning learning :) Thanks for the message and hope the States is cranking Xmas for ya!!! :) Ngaa mihi raa :)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
KiaThanks for the message and hope the States is cranking Xmas for ya!!! :) Ngaa mihi raa :)
Nah, mate, bugger the States! I may have been born there, but I've been living in NZ for twelve years, and got my NZ citizenship earlier this year. I'm a proper Kiwi now, and am very proud of it! And I plan to stay in NZ, like, forever.

MaoriWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, mate, bugger the States! I may have been born there, but I've been living in NZ for twelve years, and got my NZ citizenship earlier this year. I'm a proper Kiwi now, and am very proud of it! And I plan to stay in NZ, like, forever.

LOL!!! Ok, I just saw you posted up in my other thread :) And I spoke to you in Maori lol - don't answer haha!!! I only asked you can you speak Maori and where are you from?

My GOSH!!! YOU ARE IN NZ!!! LOVE it :)

LittleKiwi

Registered
Reaction score
Kia Ora koutou katoa!!!

He 'tumomo Kiwi' ahau lol - jokes, heya everyone!! I'm a Maori girl, Kiwi living in Aussie :) Awesome to see some Kiwi's around here. I'm SOOOOOO FOB to this and have even had a little bit of a growling (lol) because I didn't know the house rules proper. But hey!!! All good :) I know now!!!

Awesome to read what other people are up to. Anyone here Maori or Nesian by any chance? Just out of interest :)

Kia Ora raa :)

Kim
www.maoriwriter.com

Kia Ora Kim,

Man, I wish I'd had more of an opportunity to learn Maori while I was home, I regret not pushing it more while I had the chance.

Last time I posted I was in England, but now I'm in Melbourne, Australia. How long have you been over here?

Claire

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Waves) Hi Lisa - we've met a few times at RWNZ stuff :) It's fantastic to see you so successful!

My story, Selma's Choice, was one of the successful submissions for the Lemon Twist Press anthology and will be on sale on 3 October. This time next week there will be a book out there with my name on the front cover! :)

I've been a member of this site for ages but I'm only just realising how good it is.

Cheers

Norah Jansen
Hi Norah.

Last edited:

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Ireland but I've been living in Auckland with my Kiwi hubby for the past 8 years and it's very much home. (Waves) Hi Lisa - we've met a few times at RWNZ stuff :) It's fantastic to see you so successful!

My story, Selma's Choice, was one of the successful submissions for the Lemon Twist Press anthology and will be on sale on 3 October. This time next week there will be a book out there with my name on the front cover! :)

I've been a member of this site for ages but I'm only just realising how good it is.

Cheers

Norah Jansen

Hi Norah, I realized my simple "Hi Norah." earlier may have seemed unenthusiastic, or not very friendly. I realize I made that post 24 days, after my husband of twenty years died completely unexpectedly at New Years, so I was pretty much a zombie at the time of posting.

MikeBWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys and dolls. I'm from all over, but yeah grew up in kiwiland. Living here now.
Would love to travel again, but probably ideal dream would be to own a house in the wairarapa and a boat in wellington.

Last edited:

MikeBWriter

Registered
Reaction score
(my pronunciation is perfect but I've never written in Maori before, please forgive the poor spelling)
haere mai, haere mai, haere mai.
tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa.
kata pai,
noho tamariki
ko mike ahau
ko colchester castle toku whare
ko penerakau, weriweri, me te auahatanga toku kaha (a little help from a friend on that one, could be wrong)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Norah, I realized my simple "Hi Norah." earlier may have seemed unenthusiastic, or not very friendly. I realize I made that post 24 days, after my husband of twenty years died completely unexpectedly at New Years, so I was pretty much a zombie at the time of posting.

The problem with owning a house, can be that everyone expects you to actually have money if you own a house, and expects you to pay for stuff relating to owning a house. My essential bathroom repairs now at nearly $10,000.

MikeBWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I would live in a van but I can't drive, so I'm thinking rent a house in the wairarapa, buy a scooter, buy a boat in the city, then buy a house when I'm rich.

Lunaty

Would't you like to know..
Registered
Reaction score
Website
readingnooknz.blogspot.co.nz
Waving hello :)

Have been living in NZ for the past 8 years now though Im originally from the Netherlands.
I had no idea we had this many kiwi's in AW!

Awesome :D

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
Course you can! :)

You've just got to agree to always support the All Blacks against Australia and insist - against any possible evidence and reason - that we had pavlova first and you're good

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Haha - All Blacks are the NZ rugby team. Rugby isn't so much a sport in NZ as a religion!

But a special welcome to all new Kiwis. Great to have you here.

Fantasyart

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm another Kiwi living in Auckland, been in Auckland all my life and that's a long time when you reach my age ha ha ha lol nice to see so many of us in here :)

Fantasyart

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Fantasyart! I won't hold being an Aucklander against you.

Probably.

Much.

So pleased to hear that ha ha and I shell not hold it against you for being a Wellynite (Own word invention) woo hoo! lol

I'm a different bunch of flowers ha ha