Any Kiwis out there ?

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Kiwi here, from the mighty Waikato.

In terms of agents, I don't know any writers who are repped in NZ. They all have American agents. None have ever had any problem representing an overseas writer, the timezone difference is fairly easy to manage with email/phone. Guess it depends on what market you are aiming for.

Kaarl

Novice Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
For those not living in NZ anymore, how long have you been away? Do you still get homesick?

2 years on this stretch , lasted 5 in Oz. I get homesick , all this talk of the Waikato is making me miss my favourite green bottle.

Hiya all !

AlanaL

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I´m not a kiwi but I went to NZL on my honeymoon and I just loved it. The landscape, the people, everything. I´ll definitely come back some day!

WRichards

Registered
Reaction score
hey all! another one here live in Christchurch. Good to see there is a few of us here.

SillyLittleTwit

Assistant Deputy Backup
Registered
Reaction score
Another Kiwi here (Dunedin).

On my current project, I tried the four NZ agents listed in the Writers and Artists Yearbook, got rejected, so am currently having the fun of contacting those overseas agents who actually accept emails.

nionvox

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I see a few of our trans-Tasman cousins but I was wondering if anyone from the motherland is out there ?

I'm living in the U.K. right now but it would be great to catch up with someone from N.Z. that also enjoys writing.

/wave

Kiwi ex-pat here, currently living in Canada.

Noniej

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Ireland but I've been living in Auckland with my Kiwi hubby for the past 8 years and it's very much home. (Waves) Hi Lisa - we've met a few times at RWNZ stuff :) It's fantastic to see you so successful!

My story, Selma's Choice, was one of the successful submissions for the Lemon Twist Press anthology and will be on sale on 3 October. This time next week there will be a book out there with my name on the front cover! :)

I've been a member of this site for ages but I'm only just realising how good it is.

Cheers

Norah Jansen

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good heavens! I think there might be more of you lot on AW than there are Aussies... :e2faint: Not surprising - you have some brilliant writers. I love reading New Zealand.

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Good heavens! I think there might be more of you lot on AW than there are Aussies... :e2faint: Not surprising - you have some brilliant writers. I love reading New Zealand.

First part of our evil world domination plan is infiltration. We are EVERYWHERE. :D

Kaarl

Novice Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
For better or worse :) ?

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
The South Island's an awesome place to be, e.istre91. Welcome! There's a lot of good tramping (hiking) there if you're interested in that. :)

herself

Registered
Reaction score
Oo, well, here's another!

I'm a US / Kiwi hybrid too - jeepers there are a few of us as well! Live in Wellington, though I went to high school in Taupo and uni in Dunners :D All up, have lived in NZ for 24 years!

Really, really cool to see so many kiwis here :D

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
Yep I'm waiting for the warmer weather to roll around, but then I plan on hiking as much as I can.

Don't miss the Kepler track! Everyone says do Milford, and they're right it is spectacular, but Kepler is stunning.

Check out the DOC (Dept. of Conservation) site for the Great Walks and other tramping tracks. :)

ckmartin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a Kiwi, but I have been in Christchurch for six months helping with the rebuild. My work here is now done, but it was good to be an honorary member for a while.

Will definitely be back this way in a decade or so to see how it all turns out.

Carlsen Highway

Registered
Reaction score
You can't go anywhere on the interweb without running into Kiwi infiltrators. We should have a secret handshake. Or carry a folded NZ Herald.

I am in Dunedin. Well, Port Chalmers actually.