Argh (dream)

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I dreamed this morning that I had written a song. A friend was pestering me to sing it for everyone, but I was resisting because I'm a lousy singer. The earlier parts of the dream had had a nostalgia theme (digging through a bin of cartridges for extinct gaming consoles and cards for extinct CCGs). Going along with this, we were in my elementary school's art classroom, complete with blackboard and chalk. My friend started writing the song on the blackboard, one phrase at a time, and I was correcting the few words she remembered wrong. Then I woke up, and as soon as I was awake I couldn't remember the melody or any of the lyrics or even what the song was about. x_x So now I have no idea whether it was any good, or even whether my subconscious had stolen the melody of an existing song or come up with a new one. Argh.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
The simple solution is to photocopy your brain and run it through a black light projector. :)

Seriously, though, it's very frustrating when that happens. It's happened to me a few times... Not exactly like that, but like I'll be singing a song in front of a crowd and it's amazing and then I wake up and I'm all raring to write it down and I'm like, "Uh, it was something about... uh... bees? No, not bees. Cheese? Ah, fuck it. I'll just make a coffee."

NikiK

Registered
Reaction score
Been there. Once, though, I did remember the music I was composing in a dream to go with a TV series about pirates. I got out of bed, grabbed some staff paper and started writing down the notation thinking, this time I've really got something! Then after I woke up a bit more and played it back I realized it sounded very familiar. It was someone else's music I was just remembering in my dream.