Updating a post [informing readers of content update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis7490

Registered
Reaction score
I have a post going in Query letter Hell, and I'm rewrites according to the comments. How do I notify people that I've done a rewrite? Posting it does not move it up, as far as i can see.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most people edit the first post and the subject line.

Subject: Query on Maryn's Folly--Newest Rewrite 5/6/13
First post, first line: Rewrite, post 28

This lets people who'd consider helping know where to scroll down to, in order to see the latest, greatest version. Any variation of this should do it.

Maryn, who hates writing queries

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any post in any current thread automatically puts that thread to the top of the thread listing at that time.

Where confusion exists is because it is not evident from reading the original first post in the thread that a re-write has been posted lower down the thread.

To correct that, go to your original first post in the thread concerned, hit EDIT and follow Maryn's advice to insert a new first line in that opening post so first time readers of the thread can see at a glance from the first post that Revision posted in Post #15 (or 23 or whatever).

I have a post going in Query letter Hell, and I'm rewrites according to the comments. How do I notify people that I've done a rewrite? Posting it does not move it up, as far as i can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.