Consolidating email accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Over the past 15 years or so I've accumulated a number of emails, from Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. And now an iCloud one I guess.

I don't know how many, but probably at least 10 different ones that I have access to. Some others I've forgotten the accurate username or password. There's probably some more that I've just forgotten I ever set up.

Why so many? Well, I had one for family and friends, one for miscellaneous, one for writing, one for who knows what, one for business, another one because I wanted one not connected to anything else ... blah blah blah.

I'm tired of trying to keep up with all of them. I'd like to consolidate to 2 maybe 3. I've tried forwarding the email accounts so the mail goes to another one, but I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't work.

Any ideas on a simple way to do this?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
What I do is simply forward mail from the obsolete addresses to the new one. When you reply from the new address the recipient reply back to that one. That means most active contacts will self-update. Then I send the preferred address to any important people (editors etc) who need it.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I would just use an email client with a unified inbox, and reply to emails sent to the old addresses with the newer ones you want to use.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What program are you using to forward?

You can also just put an auto reply saying this address is no longer in use please use x instead

WaveHopper

Registered
Reaction score
I have several hotmail and one gmail account forwarding to a single hotmail account. I know it's not particularly helpful to the op to say forwarding works for me - but I'm thinking, Juniper, that you should check your junk folder on the receiving email account to make sure that your main account isn't firing them in there. If they are being classed as junk, then you'd set that particular account as trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.