How do you go about launching your book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
How do you go about launching your book?
I thinking about launching a kindle book after I edit it.
Heres my ideas to promote:
- Facebook Page
- Website Blog Post
- Presentation to some writers I know (around 50)
- Facebook post on profile
- Create author twitter
- Send mass email

I'm basically looking to compile a huge list of ways I can immediately promote. (Hopefully this will help other people as well)

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds great! The only other thing I can think is adding a Goodreads event. Perhaps even a giveaway.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
The mass emails should only be to people who've signed up for it. The same "don't spam people" principle applies to the other promotion methods too.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Some authors do a promotional blog tour, if you have people among your network willing to host you and if you have fun topics to blog on (the topic should be related to your book, but more than just 'look at my new book please go buy it').

Also launch parties, but those can be as much or more a matter of celebrating with your friends than selling copies.

C. Greenwood

Old Fish
Registered
Reaction score
The mass emails should only be to people who've signed up for it.

Agreed. I'd suggest the OP set up a newsletter via Mail Chimp or a similar service and post a link to the signup page on his/her website, blog, etc. That way only people who request news and updates will receive them.

Good luck, pushingfordream.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Catapult, aimed at the local woods.

Although I've done well just by hand, aimed at the waistbasket.

Fireplace works well, too, except you shouldn't launch it in, but place it with greater care, for safety reasons.

caw

:ROFL:

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Sounds great! The only other thing I can think is adding a Goodreads event. Perhaps even a giveaway.

Giveaways are a good way to get people to add your book to their "to read" list. I'm probably one of the few people who ignores Goodreads events for book launches unless they're actually happening at a physical location (like a book signing).

ClarissaWild

Registered
Reaction score

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
The mass emails should only be to people who've signed up for it. The same "don't spam people" principle applies to the other promotion methods too.

I was just going to say this.

Also, sending out mass Facebook messages to folks you don't know will usualyl result in your message being trapped unseen in the Other (aka junk) folder.

mangydawg

Registered
Reaction score
What about YouTube promotional videos? Could maybe do an excerpt reading & show drawings of the more interesting scenes in the book or novella---trailers or teasers. Maybe even list positive reviews of your book. Of course, you give info about how and where to find your book for sale. As well, invite viewers to come visit your FB authors page and blog, and any other social networking sites you use. Tag the video appropriately and cross your fingers.

Just an idea I hadn't seen suggested. No idea if it could work.

leadcounsel

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe work with a local bookstore(s) for a book signing, discounting the book...?

Maybe drum up some interest for a 'meet the author' at local swap meets, shows, etc. Rent a booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.