• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

End my solitude, Share my madness (YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Beale

Mad as Hell!
Registered
Reaction score
Evening.

Whilst I'm not new to this 'writing' malarkey I am most certainly new to this 'writing a fictional novel' malarkey and, as a result, I find myself being the only inhabitant in the panic room that has become my head.

Because of this I thought it might be a step in the right direction to drag someone else down with me (only joking) and search for a writing buddy.

I'm not looking for a mentor (though I have much to learn) as I see the collective minds on AW as the only mentor I need, for now. No, I'm looking more for a fellow newbie who finds that they are in a similar predicament as I.

My writing tends to sway (drunkenly) towards the YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopian genres and so someone who has a similar interest in these subjects would obviously be preferable, although that isn't a deal maker/breaker either way.

I am, by nature, a creature of solitude and I can't be sure that this 'writing buddy' is quite my thing. If it doesn't work out, just remember; it's not you, it's me!

Having said that, even if I just find one person who I can (mutually) share ideas/work with on a semi-regular basis then that's grand.

Not really sure what else to say so if anyone has any further questions, please ask!

Dylan_Perry

Registered
Reaction score
You're looking for a fellow newbie? :hi:

I have not read much YA or Dystopian stories, but I'll try just about anything. PM me if you're interested.

Jodotha

Oh hey, I've been here before...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm up for a jaunt through drunken-esque YA Dystopia-land. Though mostly I just like to chat about projects and such. I just paused progress on my own YA Dystopian piece.

DLacy

Through dangers untold...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
I read YA, Dystopian and a little sci-fi. I write YA fantasy. (so far not dystopian, but who knows?) Right now I'm just looking for a brainstorming partner.

Most of the time writing is a solitary pursuit, not because we choose to be alone all the time, but that our stories can't really work themselves out properly unless we get quiet time/writing time. I'm pretty darn social when I get the chance, but there aren't that many people I can talk about this crazy stuff with. Friendships take awhile to develop, but hey, I'm online a lot and I frequent the AW chat. Message if you feel like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.