Ignore Member Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIVIN

Registered
Reaction score
I have no clue where to post this.

But, is there anyway to ignore a member - hide them from your view? One member in particular is spamming posts to get to 50, in order to post in SYW (ironic). Another just bugs me. Thanks.

LIVIN

Registered
Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out. Though, I wish you could do it from a thread screen.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to "User CP," on the left you will see "edit ignore list." You can add the person there.

I've never used it myself, so I don't know how it looks. I was on one forum where the post was highlighted pink and said "An ignored member posted." It was no better than seeing the posts!

I also don't know how it looks when someone ignores me.

ETA: You can use the "report user" function, and the mods will respond if appropriate.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you spot someone who is doing a fifty-post dash, do please let a mod know. You can drop one of us a PM, or just report one of the person's posts. We do delete such posts, but can only sort them out if we know it's happening.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Also, just saying, sometimes you gotta cut people a break and see how things pan out in the long run. The apparent 50-post-dasher of today can easily turn out to be the outstanding contributing member of tomorrow, once they get a feel for the community and How Things Work.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.