Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Hey, my lovely Christian brother/sister writers!! Wanted to share with you, I'm finally published!! The book is called Hidden Secrets and is book one in a trilogy. It's a Christian based YA Speculative Fantasy novel and the publisher is Little Roni Publishers and will be published in 2013. http://www.littleronipublishers.com/ I waited 16 years for this one. God is so very faithful. don't give up, He has a plan. Use the time between looking for a publisher to learn, learn, learn.

Little Roni's is taking submissions, please see and follow their submission page to the T. They are taking almost anything, again see their submission page for the genres they are wanting. They offer a great deal and are very excited and psyched to help their writers. If you can get in, then get it. :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YESSSS!

Congratz and PTL - :hooray:

SimplyMe

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to all of this, but congrats on your success! I would like to know if you can give me further insight about this company? I got a request for my full MS, which makes me nervous. I am always fearful that someone will steal my story. Can you just tell me a bit about your experience, in order to put my
mind at ease? There isn't much info about them online.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
SimplyMe, welcome to the forum. :)

Are you saying that you subbed your ms. to Little Roni and they requested the full? Why did you query a publisher if you weren't ready to risk your book with them?

Also, the idea that a publisher is going to "steal" your book is pretty much an urban legend. It's much easier for a publisher to offer you a contract, publish your book, and make money from selling it than to try and put someone else's name on it and wait for you to sue them. :)

SimplyMe

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I submitted to them after reading Dancre's post. However, I am used to them asking for the first 3 chapters, but not the whole thing. I am trying to get used to all this; trying to find out who's legit and who's not.

Thanks for responding.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Many agents and publishers ask for the full, so if they like the first 3 chapters they don't have to wait for you to send the rest. They also want to see if a writer can end a book well as well as begin a book well.

If you go to the main page here, about 1/3 of the way down you'll see a sub-forum called "Bewares, Recommendations, and Background Checks." Hundreds of agents and publishers have threads on them in there. That's how I found my agent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.