E-mail or Snail mail query

KarmaChameleon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've looked through a lot of threads before posting, but I didn't see anything on this subject (may have overlooked it and sorry if I did).

I see a number of reputable agents have both an e-mail and snail mail option with no listing on which they prefer. Does anyone more experienced have a suggestion as to which is usually preferable for agents?

There is no similarity with the agents either. Some are single agents with good reputations and some are larger agencies with an option to mail or e-mail.

direndria2

Registered
Reaction score
Great question, and one I've been wondering myself. The way my wife and I have gone about it, if they have email listed, we query there. Seems to me that the trends are leading towards "greener" agencies, where little to no paper is used (and therefore wasted). So if I had to venture a guess, it would be that email is preferred.

shroud

Registered
Reaction score
A mausoleum near the nation's capitol, USA.
If they have both an e-mail and snail mail address for submissions, and don't specify which they prefer, then it's a coin flip. I'm sure they'll be good with either.

If they have both listed, but prefer one over the other, it'll say on their website.

For agents/agencies who don't specify and don't have an e-mail addy specifically for queries/submissions, I'd say snail mail is the way to go. Seems like alot of agents are old-school in this regard.

KarmaChameleon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I just didn't want to commit a faux pas. Still learning the ropes.