What's your hobby?

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Minor Hobbies: Figure skating and bead-weaving.
Major Hobbies: Sewing and drawing.

For awhile, I really got into figure skating. It's great exercise! But then I developed tendonitis in one of my ankles and had to stop. Hopefully, I'll be able to resume that soon. Another hobby I explored is bead-weaving. I wanted to make a necklace to match one of my Victorian gowns, so I bought a pattern and some beads and went to town. I enjoy the process, but haven't had much time for it lately.

Sewing used to be a hobby for me, but now I'm a private sewing instructor, so I guess I've gone pro. I've made several historical costumes (18th century and 1870s), but lately I've been focusing more on doll costuming. Even that won't be a hobby for long, as I'm planning to have a book on the subject published.

When I'm not sewing or writing, I'm drawing. I really enjoy drawing pencil sketches, scanning them, and then coloring them digitally. In this way, I create detailed fashion sketches for the historical costumes or doll clothes that I sew. It's a fun adjunct to my other hobbies, tying everything together.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa figure skating? I have to follow figure skating? That's so cool!
Ok, my hobbies are painting with water colors. I love the freedom of how the colors flow. I also like to crochet amigurumi animals, and read! Oh, and quilt, but I am a fast quilter and a rule breaker of all quilting rules, lol!

AgentCooper

Renowned Hack
Registered
Reaction score
Beer snobbery, music and attempting to play music, card tricks, camping, the storytelling aspect of professional wrestling combat, video games, film, visual art, theatre, reading (I feel like we probably all have this one in common), and attempting to combine science/mathematics with art are some major hobbies of mine.

I also really want to learn folk arts, particularly those which involve performance. Learning to hambone and spoken storytelling are on my bucket list of things to master.

Midorikatt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I love to read (duh), and I spend so much time and money on my pets that I'm sure it qualifies as a hobby. I also love to sew, and I even have an Etsy shop to sell my little felt creations.

I used to be really into videogames, but adulthood takes away so much free time that I had to mostly drop them. :cry:

I also like to crochet amigurumi animals

That's so cool! I'm always impressed at how many cute things can be done with amigurumi.

Last edited:

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Knitting, baking, finding random history facts, teaching myself code, and relearning the English grammar system (seriously). :)

I'd like to start teaching myself Italian, but methinks I should finish with German first. ;)

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I like gaming. I'm mostly playing an MMORPG with the boyfriend, though I'm also trying to beat some others. :p

I got back into reading (thanks to George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series), and I also draw - primarily characters from my novel ideas.

Sometimes I watch anime with my bf, though I'm not always interested. I used to watch TV a lot, but I really haven't recently.

I'm also into socializing, though my online presence is bigger than real life since I cannot drive nor do I work. :(

NateSean

Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Ghost hunting. It's definitely not the cheapest hobby and there are rules and etiquettes to follow, but it has it's rewards. Sometimes the experience alone is worth the effort.

Kivari

Registered
Reaction score
Knitting, crotchet (badly. My cousin swears its easier than knitting, but not to me), reading, online mmorpg (Everquest 1&2, Rift), and what used to be a hobby but is now a sort of side business: soap making. Specifically handcrafted soap (not the melt and pour stuff. Mine is from scratch cold process method), sugar scrubs, bath salts, bath bombs, etc. If anyone is interested my FB page is www.facebook.com/newmoonsoapcompany . Also love watching Glee, Bones, and Marvels Agents of Shield (which is odd because I never really got into any of the super hero stuff)

Raeannon

She who is me
Registered
Reaction score
Currently jewellery making (bead, wirework)

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Fishing, fly fishing, fly tieing, collecting things made in occupied japan. I used to be very much into radio communications for 30 years or so, but pretty much gave that up when I got a computer.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
I sew, bake, cook, and dance classical ballet (used to be pre-professional, but for the last ten or so years it's just been studios off and on and around the house). I also hunt and do yardwork and cure meats. I cure them, my dad smokes them, and in the end we have the best bacons and hams.

Brian Cull

Still nailing words together
Registered
Reaction score
Well apart from enjoying our garden (the roses are out in England, now) I have to confess to spending too much time simulating flight in the Big Boeings (777s, 747s, and if it's a small airport a 737). Authentic real-world procedures are used (actual airport layouts, real-time real-world weather injected via the internet, Air Traffic Control, etc etc — boys' toys stuff), and the aircraft simulation is certified by Boeing. :2angel:

Or, some might say, it's just plain geeky (my wife has other, rather quainter, expressions for it, though). This small and therefore fuzzy pic may give you some idea of the scale of her problem:

BriansPitNov2013_512x270_zps5504f107.jpg

On the positive side, if for any legitimate reason anyone needs to know anything about airliner cockpit procedure and can't find a RW pilot to ask, I may be able to help. :)

Incidentally, having three screens is a big bonus when it comes to writing, too — I heartily recommend it. You can never get too much onscreen real estate.

Cheers,

Brian

Last edited:

noraline

Registered
Reaction score
Classical singing! I took lessons up until I graduated high school :D

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
My main hobbies are photography and crochet.

I also love reading, archery and going camping.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sewing, knitting, beading and, most recently, teaching myself the art of patchwork quilt making.

I could live on this forum. :)

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snowboarding in winter. In summer, thinking about snowboarding. :D

Also got my writing (that's new), hanging around this forum, and I'm an admin on another forum.

Occasionally, I go to work.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I have ADHD, so my hobbies are changeable and rotational. I get this overwhelming interest in something, immerse myself in learning everything about it, start collecting items, then just as suddenly, I've got a new overwhelming interest and it starts all over again. Sometimes I come back to an interest, sometimes it just gets left in my wake of discovery.

In high school, I was huge into tropical fish. I used to put models together. I've got a large vinyl collection. I've collected beer memorabilia. Beer steins. Comic books. I have three guitars and used to know how to play them. I collect old time radio shows. I collect swords (although its very expensive). I collect fountain pens (and those are just as expensive). I collect vintage toys (from my childhood). I'm sure I have more, but I can't recall at the moment.http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I have ADHD, so my hobbies are changeable and rotational. I get this overwhelming interest in something, immerse myself in learning everything about it, start collecting items, then just as suddenly, I've got a new overwhelming interest and it starts all over again. Sometimes I come back to an interest, sometimes it just gets left in my wake of discovery.

In high school, I was huge into tropical fish. I used to put models together. I've got a large vinyl collection. I've collected beer memorabilia. Beer steins. Comic books. I have three guitars and used to know how to play them. I collect old time radio shows. I collect swords (although its very expensive). I collect fountain pens (and those are just as expensive). I collect vintage toys (from my childhood). I'm sure I have more, but I can't recall at the moment.

wow o.o that's a lot. for the longest time my hobbies were just drawing and writing, but now I do puzzles, paint or draw by numbers and I crochet. I've done these things before, but i lost interest until about three months ago. I also play this game called resident evil 5 and try to get all the collectable items in it, get all the weapons ready for infinite ammo, try and get as low a completion record as I can and get all the costumes for the two characters. I also play two pokemon games, trying to fill out the pokedex as much as I can. on one of them I'm having a LOT of trouble beating the elite four champion so I can't access some of the areas in the country it's set in. I also LOVE to stargaze and look for a specific constellation. once in a while I take my camera around my immediate neighborhood and take photos of this, that and the other. sometimes I take it when mom or dad take me places and get photos of my little city and put them up on my deviantart.com account.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Roseangel, in your post I'm getting a photobucket link that's so long it's squeezed the rest of the page small and to the left, and two broken images.

Could you maybe fix them please?