• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Do you need a Beta Reader? I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelaD

Registered
Reaction score
I am putting together a reading challenge that is strictly a "pay it forward" challenge for me and I hope it will make a difference for 100 writers as well. I know I really appreciated having volunteer Beta Readers. :)

I am offering my reading skills to 100 authors that need a beta reader. I will provide some basic feedback and I will blog daily about this reading adventure. I am literally reading 100 books, in 100 days so the feedback will be brief (think Amazon or Goodreads).
If you have specific questions you would like me to answer like: Were the characters believable? Was the bad guy bad enough? etc. I am happy to answer questions along these lines. I won’t be critiquing for grammar or spelling but if it is bad, I will mention it on my review.

My goal:

Beta Read for unpublished stories for writers that need a fast reader with a good eye for stories.
To provide feedback for first time authors.
Help prepare unpublished work so it’s polished and ready for the dreaded query letter.
Get other readers excited about 100 new unpublished stories and authors.
Pay it forward. This is a way to thank those willing souls that took their time to be my beta reader.
Read 100 books in 100 consecutive days without sacrificing hygiene, exercise, and family.

I'm hoping to get a mix of short stories, novellas, and novels (to keep the insanity at a minimum). I have about 25 stories to read now but once I hit 50, I will start reading and hopefully the next 50 will manifest during those first 50 days. This will be a little nutty so be patient with me. :)

If you would like me to read your work PM me or check out my blog for more details.

AngelaD

Registered
Reaction score
I have heard from several of you and am super excited to get started. If you are curious, check out my website. I have a pages dedicated to my 100 books in 100 days challenge.
I read a little bit of everything and I read a LOT so feel free to ask me questions or PM.

John Olexa

Registered
Reaction score
What about non-fiction? Will Beta Readers review them as well, or are they mostly just fiction?

AngelaD

Registered
Reaction score
What about non-fiction? Will Beta Readers review them as well, or are they mostly just fiction?

I will read just about anything although my typical preference is fiction. I do read some non-fiction but it's usually humorous memoir type books.

Status
Not open for further replies.