Agents who rep pirate fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunkster87

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a new member but have been following this site during my journey of finishing my first novel. It's quite helpful.

Does anyone know of any agents who have a taste or rep any pirate fiction? Most of the current or new ones coming are all indie.

My story is about a teen pirate, set in a steampunk 2992 where the pirate empire is alive and flourishing again. It's a fantasy sci-fi cross genre and incorporates many modern technologies used in finding the Infinna-Net (an evolution of the Internet, it wirelessly networked all brains and technology worldwide until vanishing in 2050, booming utter chaos).

I've been querying for 3 months and most agents don't seem to feel the pirate idea. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be amazing and most appreciated.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
I would say look for agents that rep YA sci-fi and query widely, rather than looking for someone wanting pirates in particular.

Unless someone specifically mentions pirates (which they might--read their blogs and twitter feeds), it'll be a toss-up on whether they'll like the idea. That holds true for pirates, vampires, or MCs on Xanax with dead brothers. Some will be interested, some won't, no matter how well things are written. And if an agent DOES say they want pirates, you can bet every single pirate book will end up coming into their inbox. So that might not be as much of a plus as you think.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.