QUILTBAG general thread?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
I would say come and study in Britain but I'm feeling a bit depressed about the state of human rights here since the Brexit vote. Twice now I've seen campaigns on facebook that suggest that the government's scrapping human rights legislation. The EU gave a whole extra layer of human rights protection which is going to be lost so basically it's down to the Tories and whatever human rights they want to give people.

Assuming our human rights legislation doesn't get pushed back a century or two, maybe you'd like to come and study here. It doesn't get that cold in the south of England and there isn't much snow as long as you avoid Kent (for some reason when it does snow here, Kent gets several feet of it while the rest of the country only gets a couple of inches). We had a hurricane in 1987. I remember it well cause I was right in the middle of it. Thankfully the house I lived in only sustained minor damage. Most of the time our weather's pretty tame.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta love tweeting to #WomensEqualityDay and getting harassed by MRAs and TERFs for the rest of the day.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So sorry to hear that, Kuwi. You're not the first friend who get harassed by the MRAs and the TERFs online and I suspect not the last...

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, I'm sorry that you have to deal with such people. I've seen MRA in action (using gendered slurs and threatening, etc) against some feminist online areas I used to visit a lot, and they are soooo obnoxious (and sometimes really terrible) to the extreme. >_<;; I can only imagine what kinds of comments you must be dealing with. Ugh. (I don't know much about TERFs, though.)

Trump really does attract certain types of people, doesn't he? Yuck. :-s

I don't have Twitter, but I hope you are able to block those users. (Maybe not?)

Here's to hoping they go away after awhile, too.

How's the moving situation to Boston coming along? (And the grant? *Crossing fingers for you*)

I'm doing fine. Checking out a few therapy schools nearby (none look religious so far, fortunately, lol). I'm also planning to visit some areas out of town (still in Florida, checking out fun stuff) for Labor Day weekend. :)

Yeah, I still hate the humidity, but the beach areas tend to have nicer weather. And of course, I can dip into the water if it gets too hot, so that's good. ;)

I'm just too attached to Florida at this point, for now, I guess, despite my up and down mixed feelings about it, and my usual moodiness. XD (Oh, don't mind my up and down moods. I was going through my PMS stuff, lol. No, seriously. For real. o_O )

There are still some very nice stuff in Florida. :)

Just hope the politics stuff doesn't mess up things. (Purple-Swing state and all. Please, no Trump, Florida!)

Last edited:

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
At the end the website did publish the article.

So I think this girl was flirting with me Sunday night.

:greenie
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
c.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
r.gif
a.gif
t.gif
u.gif
l.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif
s.gif

:banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that the names of the main characters ("Noman" and "Summer") of the films I directed when I was 12 in middle school could be considered a Freudian slip by a closeted trans girl.

It included such dialogue gems as:

"I was attacked by Noman."
"So you're saying it was a woman?"

and

"So, Summer... isn't that a girl's name?"
"Shut up."

I played Summer, and Noman was played by my friend.

Hindsight is weird.

Last edited:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Also, there was that time two years ago where I wrote a female Native American film director based on you, Kuwi.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So, things are moving forward with the Danish guy I met on OKCupid. This is scary and exciting.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh, he lives in Denmark and I live in Venezuela and neither of us have much money, so... It's not easy. XD

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, he lives in Denmark and I live in Venezuela and neither of us have much money, so... It's not easy. XD

Ah, a long distance relationship. That's going to be tricky, lol.

Hope you both have a good time with each other (virtually), regardless. Good luck. :)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Current goal:

Get new apartment organized enough so I can finally go to Queeraoke next Thursday!

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Current goal:

Get new apartment organized enough so I can finally go to Queeraoke next Thursday!

Awesome. Hope you meet the goal. :)

What is Queeroke? Is that like karaoke (thanks auto-spell), but in an LGBT bar establishment?