AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 328536872737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,944 of 1944

Thread: QUILTBAG general thread?

Techno-Cathar Perfect Diana Hignutt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade A View Post
    if it's an open marriage, how did you break it? there's defs a story here...
    I guess, I'm just so much more romantic then people expect. My girl fell hard for me (and me for her) but her wife, who has a girlfriend of her own isn't pleased, saying, "It's not fair (my girl) is so happy", and I think my age, wealth, and awesomeness are intimidating. There's talk of them splitting up. I guess we'll see.
    Read my New Science Fiction Novel, A Dancer in the Infinite as a Serial (updated at least twice weekly) on My blog:
    The Many Worlds of Diana Hignutt

Buy Moonsword on Amazon Kindle for only $.99 through October 25, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Hignutt View Post
    I guess, I'm just so much more romantic then people expect. My girl fell hard for me (and me for her) but her wife, who has a girlfriend of her own isn't pleased, saying, "It's not fair (my girl) is so happy", and I think my age, wealth, and awesomeness are intimidating. There's talk of them splitting up. I guess we'll see.
    how someone can say the phrase 'it's not fair (my girl) is so happy' is beyond me. isn't wanting your partner to be happy the entire point??
    probs for the best that your gf leaves her wife. she sounds kind of controlling.

Revolutionize the World kuwisdelu's Avatar
    Aww I hope everything works out for the best for everyone.

My girlfriend has dated boys while with me, but still gets jealous if I see another girl. :P

This week I received an award for a science fiction short story I wrote and even managed to read it to the public. I feel almost professional!
    Latest work:

Fiction: "Last Time" on Strange Horizons
    Non-Fiction: "Fearing Hope: Confessions of a Wrecked Mind" on Caracas Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by maxmordon View Post
    This week I received an award for a science fiction short story I wrote and even managed to read it to the public. I feel almost professional!
    That's great! Congratulations!
    Write the change you want to see in the world!

Writing exposition is like putting red pepper flakes on your pizza - the occasional burst adds depth and flavor, too much in a lump can burn the reader out.

PREPARING TO SUB: One of the Lucky Ones (YA) - Soundtrack, Moodboard
    NANOWRIMO '17!: Stoyanovich and the Princess (MG historical fantasy/suspense, kind of)
    PONDERING: Lion of Andalus (historical)
    Twitter (barely)

Revolutionize the World kuwisdelu's Avatar
    That’s awesome. Congrats!

It's just a jump to the left... SWest's Avatar
    Keep up the good work, Max!

ebooks & stuff Twitter
    Blog
    It's Bad To Be The Favorite - 9/15/14

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

I couldn't be here in spirit, so I came in person. - Red Buttons

The King and Queen of Cheese BenPanced's Avatar
    I'd never thought I'd say these words but my hometown, South Bend, Indiana, recently elected an openly gay man as mayor for the first time. Today, said mayor proposed to his boyfriend. The city is currently in flames, shit is being lost, fits are being thrown, and people just can't even as I write this. Well. South Bend probably isn't in flames but I can guarantee you the parts about people losing their shit and throwing fits.
    Last edited by BenPanced; 12-29-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    I still poop rainbows.

I won't steal any of your ideas. I have enough of my own I'm not using.

Quote Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
    I'd never thought I'd say these words but my hometown, South Bend, Indiana, recently elected an openly gay man as mayor for the first time. Today, said mayor proposed to his boyfriend. The city is currently in flames, shit is being lost, fits are being thrown, and people just can't even as I write this. Well. South Bend probably isn't in flames but I can guarantee you the parts about people losing their shit and throwing fits.
    yay for southbend! even with backlash, that's great news!

congrats!

Thank you, folks! Hopefully, I can find someone to translate it to Spanish so you can read it too.
    Latest work:

Fiction: "Last Time" on Strange Horizons
    Non-Fiction: "Fearing Hope: Confessions of a Wrecked Mind" on Caracas Chronicles

Congrats, my friend.
    Read my New Science Fiction Novel, A Dancer in the Infinite as a Serial (updated at least twice weekly) on My blog:

Oh, so my girlfriend moved in with me. I can't you all how happy I am.

Yay! Congrats, that's so exciting!

Writing exposition is like putting red pepper flakes on your pizza - the occasional burst adds depth and flavor, too much in a lump can burn the reader out.

NANOWRIMO '17!: Stoyanovich and the Princess (MG historical fantasy/suspense, kind of)
    Twitter (barely)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm new here, and so thrilled to discover such a supportive community. I suspect this is one of the places I'll be checking in regularly.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin lexalulu's Avatar
    Hi! I also wanted to say a quick hello. New here, and thrilled that this subforum exists! 98% of my writing features queer characters doing regular things and having regular relationships without focusing on the "omg I'm gay" subplot. I mean, those coming out/coming to terms with one's sexuality stories are important, especially for younger readers, but I just like to write things as I experience them on the daily... as pretty normal. (Then again, I live in SF so here's "normal" is in stark contrast with say, Virginia's (where my best friend was living) "normal" lol)

in short, I'm just a small gay southeast asian living with her very tall eastern european/american gf lmao

It's just a jump to the left... SWest's Avatar
    Welcome, all!
    ebooks & stuff Twitter
    Blog
    It's Bad To Be The Favorite - 9/15/14

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

I couldn't be here in spirit, so I came in person. - Red Buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Kithica View Post
    I just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm new here, and so thrilled to discover such a supportive community. I suspect this is one of the places I'll be checking in regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexalulu View Post
    Hi! I also wanted to say a quick hello. New here, and thrilled that this subforum exists!

Twitter (barely)

congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kithica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lexalulu View Post
    Hi! I also wanted to say a quick hello. New here, and thrilled that this subforum exists! 98% of my writing features queer characters doing regular things and having regular relationships without focusing on the "omg I'm gay" subplot. I mean, those coming out/coming to terms with one's sexuality stories are important, especially for younger readers, but I just like to write things as I experience them on the daily... as pretty normal. (Then again, I live in SF so here's "normal" is in stark contrast with say, Virginia's (where my best friend was living) "normal" lol)

in short, I'm just a small gay southeast asian living with her very tall eastern european/american gf lmao
    heyo! nice to meet you both

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    A lot of good news and hellos. Welcome and congrats!
    Hope everyone is doing well. Been so busy lately. **WAVING** Good busy.
    **PRE-ORDER my 6th novel, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE now! Releases February 6th, 2018! (LGBTQ Young Adult)
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!

I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 328536872737475767778