MS Word Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with MS Word 10, anyone brave enough to help me?

I took all of the questions from the "how well do you know your MC" thread and put them into a word document.

Now I want to anwser those questions but using a font color other than black. How do I set Word up so I don't have to manually change the color every single time I anwser a new question?

Joe_Nobody

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.holdingyourground.com
Go to the home tab (at the top).
In the 2nd section from the left (labeled font), you will see an "A" with a drop down. Click that and a color window section will drop.
Pick a color and the text you type from that point forward will be the selected color.
Have fun!

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
In the 2nd section from the left (labeled font), you will see an "A" with a drop down. Click that and a color window section will drop.
Pick a color and the text you type from that point forward will be the selected color.
Have fun!

I did this but every time I space down to anwser a new question the font comes up black, instead of blue.

Joe_Nobody

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.holdingyourground.com
K. Try this:
On that same home tab, there should be display of the paragraph types (normal, no space, Heading 1, etc...).
When your font goes back to black, look and see what papragraph type is highlighted. Right click on that paragraph type and a sub-menu will appear. Select "modify" from the sub-menu.
Choose the "font" option and change the color there.
Don't forget to change it back after you're done.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
1) Paste special as unformatted text.
2) Selected all of this text (the questions) and set as one of the styles--I did "heading 1"
3) Now if I press return after a question, it goes back to style "normal" automatically.

You can change the properties of the two styles if you so desire so you have the colors you want.

Last edited:

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
1) Paste special as unformatted text.
2) Selected all of this text (the questions) and set as one of the styles--I did "heading 1"
3) Now if I press return after a question, it goes back to style "normal" automatically.

You can change the properties of the two styles if you so desire so you have the colors you want.

I will try this, thank you.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do be aware that if you want to post your answers here at AW in the different color, the means which change it in MS Word will not transfer when you copy and paste.

This may not affect you, and isn't what you asked. I'm just saying.

Maryn, who often composes for AW on Word

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Do be aware that if you want to post your answers here at AW in the different color, the means which change it in MS Word will not transfer when you copy and paste.

This may not affect you, and isn't what you asked. I'm just saying.

Maryn, who often composes for AW on Word

Hubs does the same thing, I just write directly into the box.

Now I have an Adobe Photoshop CS6 question, where (which forum) do I ask my question?

Cornelius Gault

New writer since 07/2012.
Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Have fun!
I don't believe MS Word works that way (maybe other word processors do). In Word, you select something you want to change (a character, word, line, paragraph, etc) and THEN you click the font color. The selected text will change colors.

NOTE: I believe if you select a color when nothing is selected and then start typing, the text will type in the color you selected, similar to what was said by Joe_Nobody.

It is possible to set a default font color, but it usually involves changing the NORMAL style and from then on it will type in the desired font color.

Personally, I recorded macros to change the color to Black, Red, Green, Orange and Gray, then assigned each to a color-coded button, as well as assigning them to [Alt 1] through [Alt 5]. One keystroke whenever I feel like it is preferable to clicking the color dialog.

Status
Not open for further replies.