Unpublished "Writer" Says Hi

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

My work here is done. *Whoosh*

OK, I'm back.

Not sure how to give a proper introduction. But, this being the internet, I'll either do an amazing job compared to the median, or I'll be tarred and flamed merely for becoming accessible.

I am interested in writing in the fantasy genre, sort of. My passions are many, with a lot of variety. So, I write my fantasy with "historical accuracy" in mind, along with inspiration from unexpected sources.

I'm very happy to meet you all--all being the name of whoever bothers to read and/or reply to this post.

Hope you found this post entertaining. If it came across as sardonic, I'll have to cut back on this sort of posting/writing--it is, after all, very hard to read tone in text (without me writing, "Mask said, staring whimsically off into the sunset from his white horse as they etc. etc.").

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

DeeSutter

Here and Back Again
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deesutter.wix.com
Hello and welcome!

I promise I have no tar and nothing flammable. Don't look behind me because there is nothing there- I swear! :mob

My latest work is fantasy with a bit of hidden historical creative licensing. Hopefully you'll post some of your stuff soon. :)

tinker

Winging it!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Mask!
Hope you enjoy your time at AW. I'm new here as well but it seems like an amazing place.

DanielS

Skrbz
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Mask! Hope to see you around.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)

Granada

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Mask! Funny post. I laughed. :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another fantasy writer.

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for welcoming me, All. I--wait... there is actually a lot of you? Well, guess I can't call you all All--that'd be silly.

So, let's try that again: Thanks Alley.

hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Thanks for the automated response. No, seriously, thanks--I hate digging up these links. You saved me a lot of trouble.

Hello and welcome!

I promise I have no tar and nothing flammable. Don't look behind me because there is nothing there- I swear! :mob

My latest work is fantasy with a bit of hidden historical creative licensing. Hopefully you'll post some of your stuff soon. :)
Who are the pleasant fellows behind you might I--Hey, what are they doing? AH! I said this would happen!

*1 minute later*

Good thing I hacked my Constitution this morning, or that would've hurt.

The fact this forum has angry mob smilies which I can use for dark purposes is an testament to its quality. Looking forward to using that one.

Glad to meet another fantasy writer--especially one who is a fan of history. As for showing my work soon... hmm.. soon. Well, if I post fifty times, I can get it up in a few minutes; minus the jail time I'll no doubt get for being the first person to five times decuple post. Considering that... I think I'll have it ready by next week! Assuming you don't get the electric chair for five times decuple posting (I can always hack my Constitution further, if you do).

glad to have you here.
Glad to be here and make you glad.

Welcome Mr. Mask!
Hope you enjoy your time at AW. I'm new here as well but it seems like an amazing place.
Thanks Mr. Tinker! Being able to ramble on as silly as I can manage is already enjoyable for me.

Welcome Mr. Mask! Hope to see you around.
Thanks Mr. S! Thanks also for giving me an excuse to roam freely and wreak havoc.

Welcome to the Water Cooler!

:welcome:

AW is a huge place, and there's a lot of information to be found here. Take your time and browse around to get a feel of the various forums.

And don't forget to check out the Newbie Guide. Enjoy your stay. :)
Personally, I prefer the icecream cooler--but the company here makes the water worth while.

Checked it out before I made an account. Might read it over again, though.

Welcome Mr. Mask! Funny post. I laughed. :)
Thanks Mr. Granada! You laughed? My ambition has been fulfilled! ..... Now I need a new one.

MR. Mask

Welcome to AW! You should fit right in!
Mr. N

Thank you for your welcome. However... I question whether you fully understand the kind of individual you are letting into your midst. Though, maybe it's better you don't.

Welcome Mr. Mask! See you 'round the boards.
Remember folks, when I pop up in strange places: Snowstorm and DanielS are to blame.

Welcome from another fantasy writer.
Oh my gosh, we're multiplying!

Welcome to the community! May we revel in our unpublishedness for a moderate amount of time. ;D
I do like myself some good revelling. Similar to my like of rebelling. Revelling also under retelling in the dictionary, which is another word I like.

Hi, Mr, Mask.
Hi Filigree (I'm all out of Mr.s, save the one I used in these "()"s)! Thanks for coming and welcoming me.

Last edited:

DeeSutter

Here and Back Again
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deesutter.wix.com
Who are the pleasant fellows behind you might I--Hey, what are they doing? AH! I said this would happen!

*1 minute later*

Good thing I hacked my Constitution this morning, or that would've hurt.

The fact this forum has angry mob smilies which I can use for dark purposes is an testament to its quality. Looking forward to using that one.

Glad to meet another fantasy writer--especially one who is a fan of history. As for showing my work soon... hmm.. soon. Well, if I post fifty times, I can get it up in a few minutes; minus the jail time I'll no doubt get for being the first person to five times decuple post. Considering that... I think I'll have it ready by next week! Assuming you don't get the electric chair for five times decuple posting (I can always hack my Constitution further, if you do).

Glad to be here and make you glad.

I told you not to look behind me. *sheesh* :flamethrower

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
I told you not to look behind me. *sheesh* :flamethrower
Don't think of elephants.

Oh look, I turned into a lovely yellow teacup. A bit lopsided, though. ...Actually, maybe I'm a gravy pitcher (is that what you call them?)?

DeeSutter

Here and Back Again
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deesutter.wix.com
Don't think of elephants.

Oh look, I turned into a lovely yellow teacup. A bit lopsided, though. ...Actually, maybe I'm a gravy pitcher (is that what you call them?)?

I believe you are thinking of a gravy boat. If you've been turned into a cup, please be a coffee cup. I need more caffeine. :Coffee:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Mask!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
I believe you are thinking of a gravy boat. If you've been turned into a cup, please be a coffee cup. I need more caffeine. :Coffee:
If that's a gravy boat, then what's a gravy train?

Will have to decline on being an object made for holding 300% of its mass in coffee--I'd never get to sleep.

:snoopy:

Welcome to AW!
Thanks Griffin. Good to see everyone is so friendly here.

Hi Mr. Mask!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum
Thanks Kelly. I'm looking over the links I've been gifted with, till I feel well enough to do some more posting. I'll probably start posting in the welcome forums threads, later.

ThatSillyBear

Picnic basket thief
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! I'm still working on my first story, but I have another one with some of the basics thought out and put on paper. It's not quite fantasy, but I'm thinking of tossing a few "fantasy elements" into the mix. It's far to early to be sure though.

Best of luck writing!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW.

Why put Writer in quotes? Have you written stuff? Yes? Then congrats, I hereby promote you to Writer, un-quotationated. See, progress, and you've only been here three days. :)