Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blogger Scheduled Outage - If you know, post it here!

And I thought Blogger was conspiring against my blog. :P

I can open a few, but most are slow. My food blog opens fine, but the writing one is giving me trouble for nearly 12 hours now. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Sury

Back from self-exile land. BlueTexas's Avatar
    Me too. I'm having witdrawl pangs...

I can't open any of the Blogger blogs. More than 12 hours now. Anyone else having problems?

I can access my dashboard fine and even posted an entry just now, but I can't view the blog.

Sury

practical experience, FTW NightWynde's Avatar
    It's about an hour after you posted that and I'm not having any trouble seeing mine or your writing blog (something to do with soccer and provocations?).
    Sometimes I Scare Myself
    Out of the box thinking with attitude.
    Warning: Not for the faint of heart or the politically correct.

practical experience, FTW Peggy's Avatar
    Sury, you are in India, right?

According to BoingBoing, the Indian government is requiring ISPs to block blogspot.com (Blogger) and typepad.com blogs.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/07/17...an_gov_bl.html

practical experience, FTW Simran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    Sury, you are in India, right?

According to BoingBoing, the Indian government is requiring ISPs to block blogspot.com (Blogger) and typepad.com blogs.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/07/17...an_gov_bl.html
    thanks for that article Peggy. That would really stink as alot of my blogspot (http://everythingindian.blogspot.com/) traffic comes from India - considering it's theme of course.
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

“Sometimes, words alone aren’t enough to express how you feel…but set those words to melody, and you have music that says it all.”
    ~ Navin Kundra

- Get your official and legal copy of Navin's beautiful new love song Jind today!

Thanks a lot, Peggy. I had no idea something like that was the reason I couldn't view my blog. I am kind of shocked.

Sury

Last edited by Simran; 07-19-2006 at 05:55 AM.
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

“Sometimes, words alone aren’t enough to express how you feel…but set those words to melody, and you have music that says it all.”
    ~ Navin Kundra

- Get your official and legal copy of Navin's beautiful new love song Jind today!

My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

a work in progress
    I keep thinking this thread says...

Wait.

[Looks up]

We've had this conversation before, haven't we? Poot. Carry on, then.
    Nicole J. LeBoeuf-Little (Niki)

Author, occasionally published. Watch this space for more, or visit the amazing actually writing blog. (It actually writes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sury
    Thanks a lot, Peggy. I had no idea something like that was the reason I couldn't view my blog. I am kind of shocked.

Sury
    It seems totally ridiculous to me. I hope that the Indian government reconsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi_S
    » Using DOS Ping Tool. Type the following commands in the MS DOS window (Start->Run->Cmd->Enter):
    ping blogspot.comping blogger.com

If your ISP has not restricted access to blogspot site, you should see something like this:

Pinging blogspot.blogger.com [66.102.15.101] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 66.102.15.101: bytes=32 time=333ms TTL=240Reply from 66.102.15.101: bytes=32 time=329ms TTL=239Reply from 66.102.15.101: bytes=32 time=337ms TTL=239Reply from 66.102.15.101: bytes=32 time=294ms TTL=239Ping statistics for 66.102.15.101: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 294ms, Maximum = 337ms, Average = 323ms
    If you are running a Mac with OSX, open the Terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal) and type in ping blogspot.blogger.com at the prompt. Ctrl-C will cancel.

If you are running a Mac with OSX, open the Terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal) and type in ping blogspot.blogger.com at the prompt. Ctrl-C will cancel.
    It does? Ok I'll let that person know. thanks Peggy. sorry about that folks, but don't shoot the messenger please. LOL
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

Explaination and update from SAJA.

Subject: Blog Issue in India

July 19, 2006

Reference our discussions and correspondence on the issue of blocking of blogs in India, we had taken up the matter with the authorities concerned in the Department of Telecommunications in the Government of India and the facts are as under:

A two-page write up containing extremely derogatory references to Islam and the holy prophet which had the potential to inflame religious sensitivities in India and create serious law and order problems in the country appeared in a blog facilitated by well known search engines. The matter was immediately taken note of by our CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) and the Department of Telecommunications (DOT) was informed of it. The DOT took up the matter forthwith with the search engines and instructions were also issued to all Internet providers to block the two impertinent pages. Because of a technological error, the Internet providers went beyond what was expected of them which in turn resulted in the unfortunate blocking of all blogs.

Department of Telecommunications have now clarified the issue and the error is being rectified and it is expected that normalcy in respect of blogs will soon be restored.

A.R. Ghanashyam
    Deputy Consul General
    New York
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

Quote Originally Posted by Judi_S
    A two-page write up containing extremely derogatory references to Islam and the holy prophet which had the potential to inflame religious sensitivities in India and create serious law and order problems in the country appeared in a blog facilitated by well known search engines. The matter was immediately taken note of by our CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) and the Department of Telecommunications (DOT) was informed of it. The DOT took up the matter forthwith with the search engines and instructions were also issued to all Internet providers to block the two impertinent pages. Because of a technological error, the Internet providers went beyond what was expected of them which in turn resulted in the unfortunate blocking of all blogs.
    For some reason, I don't quite buy this. It seems pretty unlikely that more than one ISP would accidentally block the entire blogspot.com and typepad.com domains when they were supposed to be only blocking two pages. I hope this announcement means that the block has been removed.

For some reason, I don't quite buy this. It seems pretty unlikely that more than one ISP would accidentally block the entire blogspot.com and typepad.com domains when they were supposed to be only blocking two pages. I hope this announcement means that the block has been removed.
    I tend to agree with you. The block is still in place, but reports suggest it will be lifted in the next 48 hours.

I hope that is true. I feel handicapped.

Sury

Quote Originally Posted by Sury
    I tend to agree with you. The block is still in place, but reports suggest it will be lifted in the next 48 hours.

I hope that is true. I feel handicapped.

Sury
    I hope so Sury, for your sake and others who have been affected.
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX mdin's Avatar
    Anybody else having issues this evening?

It seems various google products are dealing with rolling blackouts or something... at least on my end.

My Art

Blogger Status
    Friday, August 25, 2006
    Blogger users are experiencing slowness and occasional timeouts. We are working on diagnosing and fixing the problem.
    Posted by Pal at 08:43 PDT
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

muse..muse...come here muse! Bk_30's Avatar
    I was just told that the service is not available at this time..so

I'm having all sorts of problems, too.

My Art

I Haz Most Wonderful Daughter EVAR SuperModerator Dawno's Avatar
    someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
    Tonight - at 12:30am PST - scheduled outage!

thanks Dawno
    My Books

Tangible Dreams

My blogs

My Author Page on FB

~ Navin Kundra

SeanDSchaffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawno
    Tonight - at 12:30am PST - scheduled outage!

Thanks for the information, Dawno.

Comments are down for a portion of blogger blogs.

My Art

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast