Freelancing and blogging?

Sparklederp

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been a successful freelance ghostwriter for 3 years now and it's my full-time source of income. However, with my writing skills honed to the point where I can create quality content pretty much on a whim, part of me wants to use this skill to create content that's meaningful personally and might bring me an audience.

I have a niche in mind already (food blogging, specifically baking, because I love both food and writing) because it's my biggest hobby outside of work, and I have access to photography equipment, understand domain/hosting costs and the extent of networking and work that's involved. Ideally, I'd be able to balance both blogging and freelancing. I'm not too concerned with being able to live off my blog, as I understand that few bloggers make enough to live on, but if that's the case I'd need to maintain my current standard of freelancing obviously.

Does anyone have experience freelancing while maintaining a personal brand (e.g. a blog or another website) that's distinct from your freelancing career?

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
Why would you want to keep them separate? After all, if you're writing, potential employers would want to be able to see that you can, indeed, write. So if you're writing about food on a blog, would that make your other freelance work less valuable?