desktop gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MockingBird

Just a fool with a Dream
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what to do. My laptop began cleaning after I restart it and then when I came back my desktop was gone.
There's just a empty taskbar and a black screen. I have window 8 and I don't know how to go to safe mode. I was able to make destop appear on my taskbar and I can click on things from there but I can't open anything else.
Anytime I try to open something other than internet exploer it says "server execution failed explorer.exe" I can't even go to control panel. I don't know what to do.

Krystal Heart

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh, I was about to say because the exact same thing happened to a computer that I'd had since 1998. It was my first computer and it lasted me almost three years. I tried to do a system recovery, I unknowingly did it from an 'empty' recovery file, and it wiped out the entire computer. When I consulted with a technician, my grandmother made a contract with him to buy me a new one because he told me fixing that one cost a lot more than just buying a new one. It needed all the hardware, except the monitor, replaced, and it needed a whole new OS, so that would've come to about $1000. We bought a new computer for $599. He had it custom built for me. Then when I moved here from my homeland for the second time in 2002, the post office sent me the computer before I arrived here, and three days after I arrived here, I got it, but it was destroyed from the inside out, physically, because they kept throwing it around. When I consulted the tech again, he sent them a bill, the post office, and since there was insurance on the computer I went out and bought another one at office Max. I didn't have enough money so my grandma had to ship in an additional $500, but it was worth it because we didn't have to buy my next computer until 2008.

MockingBird

Just a fool with a Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that have to suck. To have a laptop for so long and then it just dies on you. I can't remember having a laptop longer than eight months--something always go wrong and I have to end up getting a new one. Thank you for your concern :)

Status
Not open for further replies.