Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Alexis Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Alexis Press

Hey, y'all,
    I just got followed on twitter by an Elizabeth M. Bennett from Alexis Publishing. I searched through the threads and didn't see anything. Anyone know anything about this company? I'm headed over to P+E to see if there is anything on them over there. Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this.

Just the facts, please
    Founded last year, no books listed on the site, grammar and punctuation errors, no apparent publishing experience on the part of the acquisitions editor, no indication of genres accepted, and oriented toward authors ... pass.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Thanks

That's what I suspected. Can't find anything on the editor at all. Must be a fishing expedition. Thanks for your help.

Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Here we go again:

We will review your manuscript without the old red tape or gatekeepers of the past with various requirements such as authors being represented by literary agents, celebrity status, or having already published a good seller.
    http://www.alexispress.com/how-to-submit-manuscripts/
    Yes, because it's impossible to get published unless you have an agent, are a celebrity or have already been published.

*sigh*

I came across some more info here:

What type of submissions are you looking for:

Academic, Adventure, African American, Aging, Biographical, Crime, Cultural, Current Affairs, Ecology, Educational, Fantasy, Feminist, Health, Historical, How to Books, Humor, Inspirational, Literary Book, LGBT, Literary Criticism, Literary History, Memoir Book Publisher, Mystery, Philosophy, Political, Pop Culture, Romance, Science, Science Fiction, Self Help, Short Story, Suspense, Thriller, Travel, Western, Young Adult.
    http://www.everywritersresource.com/.../alexis-press/
    According to this source the company was founded in 2005 and is based in Los Gatos, California.
    Last edited by aliceshortcake; 03-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    All "articles" are now password-protected, the submissions page has been wiped, and the About Us page reads "This company is currently for sale." No sign of any books published.

ETA: Oh, yeah. This was one of C. Lee Nunn's schemes: http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2013/0...er-beware.html
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 11-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: