Newbie & Scared

Ranny

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
Yes, I know how it feels. Scary. I'm new too!
Wow. You've written a book. That's my ultimate dream right now! Congratulations in in order.
I hope you have fun here. The main aim of "new-comers" like us is to start brushing up our skills in criticism and start posting!

fatalkiss

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this site too. Just thought I'd look around and meet some other writiers. As for me I finished seven books and currently trying to get one published.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tonya!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

TKAM78

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tonya, talking about your writing can be scary at first, even embarrassing. But know what? Once you start calling yourself a writer, you'll feel so good. I haven't published yet—but I will. Best wishes with your first novel.

You are so correct! It's really hard to say "I'm a writer," hell, it's even hard to write that here. Haha. I think I have only mentioned it to no more than 8 people.

TKAM78

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
Yes, I know how it feels. Scary. I'm new too!
Wow. You've written a book. That's my ultimate dream right now! Congratulations in in order.
I hope you have fun here. The main aim of "new-comers" like us is to start brushing up our skills in criticism and start posting!

Thanks! I definitely want feedback at some point. I think I can take criticism pretty well...as long as it's constructive. I'm curious if published authors ever read the negative reviews? I asked a friend if she does..."Nope." haha

TKAM78

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to checking this all out. Thank you everyone for directing me to places to check out here. I'm really excited to see where it all goes.

I had to momentarily stop editing today because I started reading a book that I couldn't put down. :tongue So now that I've finished it...back to editing.

Thanks again!! Look forward to getting to know people on here!

~T

Robert Gonko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
robertgonko.wordpress.com
Finishing that first manuscript is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it? There's still a lot of work to do but reaching that point is something many never achieve. You should be proud of that.

CynV

The Original Cyn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CynthiaVespia.com
Hi Tonya, congrats on finishing the book...that's the first step!
And don't be scared, hard part is over :)

TKAM78

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congratz! Feels great doesn't it?

Now all that's left is the query letter, and a synopsis, and finding an agent and ...

Woops ... bet that's not really helping with the scared part is it. :D

So ... don't be scared. You've managed a great accomplishment, one that many do not, despite much effort.

Celebrate instead! :PartySmil

Yep! To all of the above. Very intimidating.

TKAM78

Registered
Reaction score
I wish there were "like" buttons here like FB because there are so many things everyone posted that I am looking forward to checking out. Whatever happens from here, I'm pretty happy with completing something. :snoopy: