Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Content development] The Quarasan Group

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Content development] The Quarasan Group

Hey, all:
    As a sometimes writer of educational test materials, I want to warn all writer/editors to be very wary of accepting assignments with THE QUARASAN GROUP, of Chicago. This outfit may refuse to pay you for completed work. I took an assignment as editor a few months ago, did the work, and after three months and two invoices, was informed that the work had not been accepted, and I would not be paid. But the group failed to follow its own contract, which specifies that any work that is not acceptable must be returned to the writer for re-do. This is included in the writer's fee. This was not done. They have a serious problem with following proper protocols.

Anyone else have this problem with QUARASAN?

Fearsome Dragon Mod AW Moderator jvc's Avatar
    I'm going to move this thread over to the Bewares and Background forum. Feel free to come back over the the New Members area for a proper introduction so everyone can welcome you to the watercooler properly.

Oh, and welcome to the watercooler.
    Jed.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts - Lots of Fun Facts and Humorous History posts. Parenting: Facts And Advice On Temper Tantrums.

I wrote several projects for Quarasan in 2004-2006. Never had an issue with payment or with acceptance of work, but obviously that was a long time ago and it's entirely possible things have changed.