SO happy I found this place....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Sevas, what you will find in this forum are full of want to be writers and if you ask for help they will critique, but will not help. I do not know why in the heck one has to post fifty critiques on this forum but I think it is flat out gay!

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Hi Sevas, what you will find in this forum are full of want to be writers and if you ask for help they will critique, but will not help. I do not know why in the heck one has to post fifty critiques on this forum but I think it is flat out gay!

Actually, this forum is full of many published writers, and I find it fascinating that someone who apparently wants to be a writer is putting down those who want to be writers, in such a rude fashion.

The fifty-post rule (which doesn't mean you have to post fifty critiques, just that you have to participate before receiving help) is explained in the newbie guide. Basically, the purpose is so you get to know us and we get to know you; the purpose is to protect our members from entitled people who think that registering here means everyone should take time to help them improve their work despite their never giving anything in return. Or, you know, despite their obvious contempt of "want to be writers."

Also, "flat out gay?" Is that supposed to be an insult? Is "gay" an insult? We have many LGBT members here, and even if we didn't, such derogatory comments are not acceptable. Period. Our One Rule is Respect Your Fellow Writer. Comments like "it is flat out gay!" are not only incorrect as far as punctuation, but disrespectful and offensive.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In regard to "flat out gay," I suppose some of our LGBT members may out-gay others. Or they may out gay others.

Bada-bing, bada-boom. Don't forget to tip your servers.

Maryn, thinking Taylor needs to do some thinking he has not yet done

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome SevasTra82! As you can see from the brief exchange above, this place takes its One Rule seriously, which is one of the things that makes it such an amazing resource for writers of all levels. Dive in, the water is warm and welcoming.

Rbel

Fish out of water
Registered
Reaction score
Where it's okay to wear cowboy boots everyday.

We come here to have our efforts supported. I can hear this at home, rather not hear it here. And who says that anymore? "flat out gay" I feel like I'm in the 90's again.

Status
Not open for further replies.