Blogger blog, wrong link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
I posted this question in the Social Networking and Blogging forum, but thought it might actually fit better in here.

A fellow AWer has my blog linked in her sidebar. She has it ordered by the last updated. I last updated my blog on Wednesday, but on the sidebar, it shows that my blog post was from last year.

Of course, someone could just click on the blog's name to see the current state of it, but it's annoying. I thought it might just be the blog I was reading, but another AWer also has me in their sidebar and it's the same problem.

Is there a setting that's messed up? Or the feed? Can anyone help?

Deleted member 42

I suspect it's a problem with the RSS feed. Look at the link she has (hover over it, don't click) what does the URL look like?

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
It doesn't show the URL at all...Okay, on Firefox it does. Hovering over the blog name is fine, the correct URL. Hovering over the post it says was the last--feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/MZRSF/~3/t0aiG6qD9ns/new-name.html

So...feed? What can I do about it?

Deleted member 42

It doesn't show the URL at all...Okay, on Firefox it does. Hovering over the blog name is fine, the correct URL. Hovering over the post it says was the last--feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/MZRSF/~3/t0aiG6qD9ns/new-name.html

So...feed? What can I do about it?

Make sure that your current feed functions correctly by subscribing to in in Google Reader (which is going away in July) or Feedly.

Then, if it's "current" contact the blog owner and let him or her know what the current feed URL is.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
Thank you so much for your help, Medievalist. This level of techi-ness alludes me.

I subscribed to my feed on Google Reader just to see--and the feed is incorrect. It's stalled on a post from February 2012. Google Reader says there's a fetching error. I changed to a new feed last year because the old one simply didn't work and I think that might be what is causing the trouble.

Okay...so I managed to subscribe to the correct feed on Google Reader. I guess I'll contact those who linked to me. Hopefully it works correctly this time.

Last edited:

Mare

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryjhicks.com
Help

I'm having a problem with my blog URL. From my sister's computer and from mine, when we click on the link from one of my AW posts to go to my blog—we get a msg. saying it's an invalid address? I've checked and it's correct.

What can it be?:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.