• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Colt Press

Weirdmage

Registered
Reaction score
Google turned up a lot of Colt Press results that doesn't seem to be related to that Colt Press, but I found their Facebook page, started (and last updated) 23 February 2012. They are located in Boston, Massachusetts (or at least their P.O. Box is). -Looks like a non-starter to me.

ETA: And yes, I think they may win Least Informative Publisher's Website Ever. And their Facebook page isn't much better.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
I think they sell elevator shoes.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Thanks for spotting the FB page!
I know a marker of questionable presses is that they aren't trying to sell to readers - but this one doesn't seem to be trying to sell to anybody.

-Barbara

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Amazon has one book for them, pubbed in '10 ('tho Amazon lists it as '12 for some reason).

Weirdmage

Registered
Reaction score
I found their Facebook page on the third page of Google results (10 results/page), as I was clicking on results, making my way there, I got a distinct "this isn't the Colt Press you're looking for" feeling.

There's three editions of the book on Amazon:
-Kindle edition, 23 February 2010
-CreateSpace paperback edition, 31 August 2010 (no longer available)
-Colt Press paperback edition, 4 July 2012
Their website has a 2010 copyright date on it, and the only activity on their Facebook site is in 2012. That would correspond roughly with those two dates.

Both the book and the author has Goodreads pages, but there's very little activity there. There's a link on Goodreads to the author's website, but that doesn't seem to have been updated since July 2012. He hasn't tweeted since September 2012, his Facebook page is active though, and it says there that a new novel is going to be out in late 2013.
-So, looks like a publisher started to make the author's book look like it's not self-published and not a legitimate small press from what I can see.

(Just so you don't have to ask. I'm nosy, and like to find out about things I'm curious about. And I also like to research things thoroughly.)

WriterTrek

Boldy Writing
Registered
Reaction score
Hah, now that's crazy. I don't think it could contain less information if it tried. o_O

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Updating link: http://coltpress.com/

Site's been fleshed out, but only one other book so far. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader as to whether it's the same author or not. :cool:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No further activity.