The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 384 of 384 FirstFirst ... 134284309334359374378379380381382383384
Results 9,576 to 9,578 of 9578

Thread: The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 9

Never Surrender AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    Hey, look who's alive! (Maryn peers through the gloom.) Is that Amelia Earhart? (Ha-ha, her last name is two body parts!) Judge Crater? (Ha-ha, his name is a big hole.) Damn it, she looks so familiar, but man, I don't know...

I'm always happy to talk writing or life in general here. I'm just back from the fabric store, where I bought much purple for Birthday Girl. The master plan is to sew for her, but in the past I've ended up just gifting her fabric and a pattern.

Writing? Yeah, I still do that. Got my rights back on book one, with the intent of getting new cover art, teaching myself how to do the conversion code, and all that. No doubt it'll be a best seller and I'll be rich.

Maryn, dreamer, especially about the sewing and coding parts
    Get to work. Success isn't built on the power of your dreams.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

*waves at bbbb*

I have very cool new covers for my first 3 books. The plan was to reissue them right before TCSN came out, but there was a glitch in the Matrix and the artist didn't get them done in time. My next plan was for mid-June. Yeah, well... *stares at Sept. 1 deadline*

Plan #3 is to create an "end of summer" "event" with them.

I'm flexible. That's my story.

Never Surrender AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    Speaking of "flexible," a small story unfolded here recently.

I've always been the person who sanded and painted baseboards, cut in the wall paint above them, etc. because Mr. Maryn finds it quite uncomfortable to bend for long. However, it came to light during our recent painting project that after so many years of bending very little, when he bends forward he not only cannot approach touching his toes but can barely get past his knobby knees. He got pretty mad when I teased him about it, too. But seriously, what is he, ninety? I told him two things to do twice a day for 30 seconds each time, total investment two minutes a day, that will greatly improve his flexibility without any risk of injury. No, of course he's not doing either one.

Maryn, who can't quite do palms to the floor but could, given two weeks to get there
    Get to work. Success isn't built on the power of your dreams.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

Page 384 of 384 FirstFirst ... 134284309334359374378379380381382383384