Not open for further replies.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, look who's alive! (Maryn peers through the gloom.) Is that Amelia Earhart? (Ha-ha, her last name is two body parts!) Judge Crater? (Ha-ha, his name is a big hole.) Damn it, she looks so familiar, but man, I don't know...

I'm always happy to talk writing or life in general here. I'm just back from the fabric store, where I bought much purple for Birthday Girl. The master plan is to sew for her, but in the past I've ended up just gifting her fabric and a pattern.

Writing? Yeah, I still do that. Got my rights back on book one, with the intent of getting new cover art, teaching myself how to do the conversion code, and all that. No doubt it'll be a best seller and I'll be rich.

Maryn, dreamer, especially about the sewing and coding parts

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*waves at bbbb*

I have very cool new covers for my first 3 books. The plan was to reissue them right before TCSN came out, but there was a glitch in the Matrix and the artist didn't get them done in time. My next plan was for mid-June. Yeah, well... *stares at Sept. 1 deadline*

Plan #3 is to create an "end of summer" "event" with them.

I'm flexible. That's my story.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of "flexible," a small story unfolded here recently.

I've always been the person who sanded and painted baseboards, cut in the wall paint above them, etc. because Mr. Maryn finds it quite uncomfortable to bend for long. However, it came to light during our recent painting project that after so many years of bending very little, when he bends forward he not only cannot approach touching his toes but can barely get past his knobby knees. He got pretty mad when I teased him about it, too. But seriously, what is he, ninety? I told him two things to do twice a day for 30 seconds each time, total investment two minutes a day, that will greatly improve his flexibility without any risk of injury. No, of course he's not doing either one.

Maryn, who can't quite do palms to the floor but could, given two weeks to get there

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Maryn, I am impressed.

Got an email today: One of my stories is shortlisted for an anthology. Been in this situation before with no luck. Let's hope the outcome is different this time.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, why is it I can't drink red wine after about 7:00 without getting heartburn? I enjoy the wine, but it's not worth the lousy night's sleep as a direct result.

The good news is that at long last, I'm going to see the "new" Star Wars movie tonight. We rarely make it to the theater to see anything, even stuff that's no doubt better on the big screen. At least I'm seeing it.

New York did not pass the bill that would allow movie theaters to sell alcohol. I get that they're hurting and really want to draw in more customers, but in light of how inconsiderate movie-goers are when sober, I can't imagine them behaving with a buzz or more.

Maryn, who wants people at performances to shut up

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
CB and I try to get to see Gaelic Storm every year. EVERYONE is hammered at their concerts, including the band. At least one audience members buys a round for the band, and sometimes the "round" is shots. They perform excellently drunk or sober. They treat us to traditional Irish dancing and instruments, too.

But yes, every year we wish some hammered audience members would be tossed.

fourlittlebees

chief sitter on people
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.about.me
haven't written a lick in ages. Too much life has gotten in the way of writing. :(

Lily, that's great news about the covers, but I know how well that production schedule is like dominos having worked at a small pub. I'm sure the recovers will be fantastic and sometimes having an event is better than trying to rush everything at the last minute... plus it allows you to hopefully have a little bump in between releases.

I'm all for serving alcohol at movie theaters, but then again, I may have been know to already be drunk when I go. :) The theater with the great seats here is across from a good Mexican restaurant, so we often go, drink, and sober up at the theater.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you on that, sister. What you drinking? I'm pouring.

In other news, I finished a short play for a contest and shared a copy with Mr. Maryn, who is apparently willing to be a first reader so long as it's a play. (He still has never read any of my fiction.) The play is not a big deal, just a non-paying contest with the winners getting performances. For that reason, I just adapted something I'd written long ago, which is why it went so quickly. Two days, and not working non-stop, either.

Maryn, a little short of Wonder Woman

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Mr Lily and I took off today and Monday, making this a 5-day weekend.

How do adults stay-cation? By taking apart the bathroom sink drain at 7:30 am. Can we relax or what? Then I paid the bills! :PartySmil

Now I'm about to tackle a complex, multi-person scene in the WIP. The WIP is the gorilla on my back. It's due Sept 1st. I have Draconian daily word counts to meet. Send :e2coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.