Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
47 chapters edited. Two new chapters written. The 2 biggest edits still to write. I have taken a dessert break and am going ahead a little more to ight. Edits due on the 10th. Did I mention I volunteered to teach an editing workshop this Saturday for our Sisters in Crime meeting? :e2dance:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I knew that. When it's over, teach me.

Maryn, whose content edit skills are appalling

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chili? I can probably find that! In fact, my writing group meets tomorrow and I'll share it with them, too. One of us is already a SinC member, I'm pretty sure.

We'll be the ones giggling in the back.

Minutes later: Ooh, I don't even have to get on a highway to get there. I haven't looked at a calendar, but I bet you'll see me and possibly other writing friends. Thanks for the heads up. Saturday?

Maryn, who could learn a thing or three

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How exciting, an email from someone who doesn't want me to buy a Groupon or remind me Kohl's is having a sale of some kind.

Maryn, beside herself

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got caught in the rain when I was out walking earlier today. Do you think I'll ever be toasty again, or is sitting around in damp jeans for a few hours going to leave me permanently chilled? Because if it's the latter, I'm moving south.

Tas, one day I hope to meet you. I happen to be available Saturday. Get in the car now--and bring Caleb with you, okay? I will buy us all lunch.

Maryn, who wants to buy a traveling AW van and go meet her friends

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Can you just imagine all of us at the same conference? There would be legends for years.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
I need to just come visit Lily, and then we'll road trip to Maryn ala Thelma and Louise. What's a good time of year in your neck of the woods?

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
We are totally doing this. May have to wait til 2018, though, I've already got 2 trips scheduled this year.

What airport would I fly into?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You will have more options flying into Buffalo. Rochester's airport situation, not being a hub for anything, is such that we hardly every fly from here. Last trip we took, we drove to Toronto to save more than half the ticket price. (Although we're leaving from here later this month for my brother's service.)

I agree, autumn here is amazing.

You come then!

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Slowly, so very slowly, a few hundred words at a time... I am writing.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished my one-act play yesterday. It only took a week to write the last two pages.

It's for a contest with a looming deadline at the end of the month. I have a couple of people who've offered critique within a week.

Maryn, who didn't win this contest two years ago with a play she thought was better

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I can't believe it's been two months since I posted. Sorry, friends.

Day job is sort of hellish right now, so I can't check in during the day. And I am sunk deep into research on the next book, trying to get a proposal drafted this spring.

Not an excuse, just an explanation that I'm not online as much. :e2bummed:But I will try to check in more often.

We are the anti-crockpot crockpot owners: We actively dislike all crockpot meals. We use it for soup and homemade bbq sauce and that's it. :evil

We just got one for Christmas as a gift. We've tried 4 or 5 recipes -- one was a definite make again, the others not really. And we're figuring out that we might need a better model, but so far, it's been fun to try a few things. And now I want to make that BBQ sauce, and hot fudge, and salted caramel... Yum. :)

But my love got me a baby-sized, just-for-reheating crock pot lunch warmer-upper thingy for my office. You bring leftovers or soup in the insert and then put the insert in the pot, put the lid on, and plug it in. In about 40 minutes it's hot and yummy. I love it. And it tastes better than microwaving. Plus, the office microwave is perpetually disgusting because I work with a handful of overgrown frat boys.

Good to see writing and editing happening.

At this point I think we should all get published in the same genre and go wild at a conference. :greenie

Can you just imagine all of us at the same conference? There would be legends for years.

Epic.

Maryn -- yay on finishing the one-act play! Fingers crossed for the contest!

~suki

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would do quite a lot for brownies right now *nomnomnom* :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read a funny story online about a young woman who was terribly nervous about a job interview. She couldn't eat her regular breakfast but helped herself to a roommate's brownies, cutting one small one to keep her tummy from grumbling aloud. Little did she know they were pot brownies.

She didn't get the job.

In other news, after a ridiculous number of delays considering there was no weather issue, we made it home last night. Thirty-two hours in airports and on planes.

I could go on a rant about how Honolulu's airport is possibly with worst large-city airport in the US, but there are cities I haven't flown to/from in recent years. There's no reason to have uncomfortable seating, no electrical outlets, dirty bathrooms, and no food service (not even gift shop food) open for more than three hours before the last plane leaves, and such bad signage you can't find your way without help. Yeah, I know, it takes money to upgrade and voters won't approve it until it affects tourism, but man, it was grueling to be stuck there for nine hours.

But I digress. I am home, even if my luggage is not.

Maryn, tired and alas, still sick

Status
Not open for further replies.