• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsewell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to AW and am looking for readers to beta the first three chapters of my literary crime novel (I don't like the "literary" but that's how others have pegged it). It is about a California-based rock singer who goes to London to see the place where his co-leader and alter ego died of an overdose. It doesn't make sense; his bandmate never had anything to do with drugs. Gradually our hero slips into becoming an amateur detective and the story gets more involved from there.
What am I looking for in a 3 chapter beta? Does it hook you? Do you want to know more after three chapters. Do the characters work? Does anything trip you up or not work? Essentially if you read the above blurb and scanned the first chapters would you buy the book. Oh, and one other thing. I'm an American writer based in London. My ability to distinguish between American and English has eroded over the years. The voice is first person (the rock singer). He is American so any time he sounds too English would also be a big help.
Many thanks to any volunteers.

parsewell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Aixsponsa,

Thanks so much for volunteering. What is the best way to get the 3 chapters to you?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I urge replies giving specific email addresses to go to private message (PM) so they can't be picked up by spambots.

Maryn, always thinking of others

parsewell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Weavegirl,

Thanks so much for offering to BETA. Please PM me on how you would like me to send the three chapters. Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.