• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Liza Royce Agency (Liza Fleissig)

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Skimming over today's Publisher's Marketplace list of deals, I saw an agent selling Young Adult who I'd never heard of before. The agent is Liza Fleissig and the agency she's with is the Liza Royce Agency.

I attempted to look her up online, but apparently the internet hasn't heard of her either. There's no listing on AgentQuery or QueryTracker, no page on Publisher's Marketplace, and though there is a website, it's a placeholder with the promise of coming soon (which you can see here).

However, Ms. Fleissig has made a number of sales since Nov. 2011 to such places as Harlequin Teen, Forge, and Margaret K. McElderry, as well as publishers like Sky Horse (who don't require an agent to submit).

So, in sum, I started this thread because there wasn't one already, and because she seems to represent (in part) the kind of Young Adult fiction that I write. Anyone know anything else about her? Anyone submitted to her?

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, her bio at NJ SCBWI:

Liza Fleissig, with her partner Ginger Harris-Dontzin, opened the Liza Royce Agency (LRA) in early 2011. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business with a BS in Finance, and the Benjamin N. Cadozo School of Law with a JD, Liza brings 20 years of litigation and negotiating experience to the field.

On the children's side of publishing, being a mother to a preschooler girl and a pre-teen boy, she is interested in everything from picture books to middle grade and young adult.

LRA has a lag adult based clientele from both established authors to writers in the earlier stages of their development. Although they lean towards suspense/thriller, commercial woman's fiction and comedy, they are open to anything that speaks to them, in the past to include historical fiction, true crime and memoirs.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Skimming over today's Publisher's Marketplace list of deals, I say an agent selling Young Adult who I'd never heard of before. The agent is Liza Fleissig and the agency she's with is the Liza Royce Agency.

I attempted to look her up online, but apparently the internet hasn't heard of her either. There's no listing on AgentQuery or QueryTracker, no page on Publisher's Marketplace, and though there is a website, it's a placeholder with the promise of coming soon (which you can see here).

However, Ms. Fleissig has made a number of sales since Nov. 2011 to such places as Harlequin Teen, Forge, and Margaret K. McElderry, as well as publishers like Sky Horse (who don't require an agent to submit).

So, in sum, I started this thread because there wasn't one already, and because she seems to represent (in part) the kind of Young Adult fiction that I write. Anyone know anything else about her? Anyone submitted to her?

Queried her yesterday, just got a request for a full today on a mystery/thriller.

And now the heavy drinking while nervously awaiting word begins.......

ladylou

Registered
Reaction score
She just requested a full from me. Fingers crossed.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
WOW!! Ms. Fleissig is FAST...and when I say "FAST", I'm talking...requesting a full w/in 1 minute...fast!

However, did she request a 6-week exclusive from the rest of you?

Five weeks for me.....

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Liza on Fri and got a full request today!

I wish I could find out more info on her. You're right, there isn't much.

KimberlyGG

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I also just queried her. I'll update if she should write back.
Also, here's a link I just found of a writer who signed with Liza. It's her 'How I found my agent' story.

Last edited:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I received a request for the full the day after a query. She asked for six weeks exclusive, but I already had the full with another agency. However, Liza agreed it was fine, and she'd take the six week period on a "share," as long as I kept her updated about the other agent's interest.

shhhman

Registered
Reaction score
Hey...all you people querying this agency. What email address are you using? There's nothing available anywhere. I'd like to query her as well. Thanks!

shhhman

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a request for FULL from Liza as well. It's an exclusive, but she said that my novel sounded very interesting, and she looked forward to reading it. Off to work on my next play while I wait. Good luck to all the rest of you!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
She seems to be requesting a lot of work. So far pretty much everyone in this thread has gotten a full request.

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request too. I haven't sent it yet.

KimberlyGG

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard back from her yet, so don't add me to the full request just yet.

ohthatmomagain

Registered
Reaction score
She said she'd had a lot of strong queries this week. *fingers crossed*

KimberlyGG

Registered
Reaction score
I did get a full request. I have my full out with another agent...fingers crossed it's not a problem.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I did get a full request. I have my full out with another agent...fingers crossed it's not a problem.

It shouldn't be a problem. I also have a full out with another agent, but Liza was agreeable to taking mine, as long as I kept her apprised of the situation with the other agency.

ohthatmomagain

Registered
Reaction score
It shouldn't be a problem. I also have a full out with another agent, but Liza was agreeable to taking mine, as long as I kept her apprised of the situation with the other agency.

Same here :) It's going to be a long few months lol

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Helping to update latest stats:

Query: Mar 29
Request: Apr 5

With a 7-8 week exclusive given current turnaround times.

Last edited:

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Liza just requested my full, but she also wants to know who already has it and as of when. Is this normal? I have a lot of agents with the MS...

Last edited: