• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

looking for a motivated writing partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananamelissa

Climbing the mountain of life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
melissa-field.com
Hello everyone -
I'm beginning a new novel and I'd love to have a writing partner to toss around ideas and rough pages with. I'm looking for someone who's semi-experienced. I do enjoy the beta reading process for people of all levels, especially because I know how delicate we writers are when we start out (I love to be encouraging, I'm not here to tear you down). However, at this time I'd like to work with someone who's completed a longer work.

There is a reason I'm not able to dive into a first time work in progress, and this ties into why I'm seeking a partner. I moved to Holland about a year ago and my time is more limited than it was before. The last time I was working on a novel I was unemployed and living with parents. It was sometimes traumatic and sometimes delightful to be in my late twenties and living at home, but needless to say, I was a writing machine at the time. I'm now in the process of taking language classes and working on my immigration, so I'm working around more of a schedule. I also have moments of homesickness and just all around blues because I struggle with feeling alone and like a fish out of water here. Therefore, I'd love to have someone who I have to check in with each week and respond to. I'm truly a motivated writer, as I self-published a novel last year. I've also completed a few screenplays and would like to get more into that world. Hopefully we will keep each other on task for writing, no matter what sort of shenanigans we've got going on at home.

As far as critiquing, I've got tons of experience. I'm not into the brutally honest critiques because I don't think it's necessary to be brutal. I have a keen eye for what works and what doesn't, and I will always let you know the downfalls while emphasizing the positive. I will say it rubs me the wrong way when people respond with detailed lists of why they disagree with my critiques. I'm open to hearing when you don't agree, because I learn also that way. Once in awhile though I come across a person who writes a massive response detailing why they disagree with all my points, and if you think that's you, then let's agree to disagree and end this partnership before it begins.

If you're still reading then you must be drinking wine also and having a lazy Sunday. Horray! Thanks for making it to the end, and cheers! You can PM me, email me at arcticmelissa(@)gmail.com, or send smoke signals. Although smoke signals can be misinterpreted and make me think you just ordered a pizza with extra cheese, so I prefer the digital response. I'm happy to tell you more about me, my writing style, and why I'm in Holland when you write. Just FYI, I'm thinking this new novel will be in the women's fiction range, but I'm open to working with any genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.