How do I fix Flash on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
I think something's wrong with Flash on my computer. I have Windows 8. Around a month ago, the uploader that I was using at Podbean.com (where I upload my podcasts) stopped working. It said there was a problem that was preventing me from using the Flash Uploader, and I should use the Basic Uploader instead.

I've been having trouble uploading to YouTube for around the same time. If it also uses a Flash Uploader, then that's probably why I haven't been able to upload any videos.

How do I fix this?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might go to the Adobe website and get the latest update.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
You might go to the Adobe website and get the latest update.

I checked the site. It says I have the latest version installed.

I'm currently attempting to upload a video. It immediately went up to 46% and is now staying there.

Maybe it's a Java problem. I used to use KeepVid.com to save YouTube videos, but now I have to use a Firefox plugin, because KeepVid.com keeps staying at the "Loading Java Applet..." message and not displaying the download links.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
I've removed the previous Java updates, re-downloaded Java, and re-installed it. The KeepVid and YouTube problems remain.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Fixing Java won't fix Flash. Dunno about Keepvid, but I avoid anything that uses Java. I'm still waiting for Java to die, rot, and wash down the toilet. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and deleting all cookies for a fresh start?

Defos

Registered
Reaction score
Uninstall Adobe Flash player pluggin from programs and features in your control panel (or add remove programs from control panel if your on older windows versions)

Then visit the flash download page to reinstall as the above poster suggested.

Visit here for flash settings if this fails >

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Its also worthy of noting your privacy settings are here too and not in a program based on your computer.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
If you're using IE or Firefox right now, you can try uploading from Chrome. It embeds its own Flash player, so any problems with the Flash you have installed as a plugin shouldn't affect Flash in Chrome.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
You may have a codec issue if you cannot upload to YouTube. Check MSDN for a repair utility for codecs. I don't remember the name, but a quick search should point you to it.

Codec issues tend to appear after you install / deinstall something from Rovio or DivX, or any of those 3rd party video apps.

-cb

ETA: Look for SFC.exe
ETA 2: alternative is: http://support.microsoft.com/fixit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.