• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Fuse Literary (formerly Foreword Literary)

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
For anyone keeping track of reply times, got a form rejection from Michelle Richter from after nearly eight months after submission. So they are running a way behind, but not at *non-responders* just yet.

i think another agent at this agency got back to me at after 12 months!

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
That's interesting to know! My query is at 7 months with her, so I guess I can expect my form R any day now! :)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Okay, then. Good to know. I queried Connor on something a couple of months ago, so now I won't worry about response times before another 5 or 6 months at least. Does anyone know how the Fuse agents respond to notices about other offers of rep? Prompt reply? Crickets?

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
My tweet was favourited in a recent pitch contest by Tricia Skinner @Fuse Literary so I queried her according to the agency instructions. That was 20th April and I haven't heard back yet or been asked for more pages. I read on her Twitter feed that she just signed another writer she 'hearted' during that contest, so I'm assuming it's a 'no, thanks'. Bummer.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I queried an agent here last September and never got a response. I wouldn't say I'm still "waiting," per se, as I think I know the answer. :tongue

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Yeah, I queried Connor in July 2014 and it was over a year before I even got the "no thanks." In fact, he was very self-deprecating saying the book was probably already in stores (and in fact, at that point the book had gone to a publisher, so . . .) I've queried others there and have had varying response times depending on the agent.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Must not be wanting for clients, then. I know their ordinary workload is super busy. I'm sort of waiting on another agent with an 8 month current response time, who at least posts her updates on answered query stats. I've basically written off both agencies by the end of this month. They lose out to agents who responded much sooner.

Beach_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Tricia Skinner requested my manuscript last October (2015), after waiting six (April) and eight months (June), respectively, I sent two polite follow up emails. I received nothing in response. My emails were not even acknowledged. I have started sending out queries again and feel like an idiot for waiting so long.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Tricia Skinner requested my manuscript last October (2015), after waiting six (April) and eight months (June), respectively, I sent two polite follow up emails. I received nothing in response. My emails were not even acknowledged. I have started sending out queries again and feel like an idiot for waiting so long.

Sorry about the non-response, Beach Girl, but you would have been okay continuing to query during that period, if they did not request an exclusive. If they did request an exclusive, you have the right to set a time limit (no more than a month or so) before resuming your queries.

Beach_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Chumplet. Good to know. Experience, as they say, is a hard teacher.

Beach_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Just a note to say that I did receive a response from Tricia on my third email, it was a rejection, but she apologized for not getting back to me.

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
An update on Connor - he's had my full for an impressive 269 days! Multiple nudges, all saying his backlog is enormous. I know he closed to queries in May to try and get through the outstanding subs, but 269 days is a long time. Calling this one a pass. Hope someone else has some better luck!

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Both agents I queried at Fuse over the past year rejected me in a timely fashion. Within five weeks.

I'm starting to feel like those requests are harder to wait out than the queries. :) hang in there.