Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
So I think I need to switch over to wordpress. However, all the tutorials I have found talk about going from a free website.blogspot.com account to a paid wordpress (website.com) account. I already have paid for my domain (twoamericansinchina.com) so how do I keep the same domain but switch to wordpress from blogger?

Thanks for any help!

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
You can do two things:

If you have web hosting with your domain, you can install wordpress for free, then import your blogger entries. (From Dashboard> to Tools then Import.

You can start a free blog at wordpress.com, then pay $13 per year to add your domain to it. Then import your blogger posts via the same import method.

either way you have to have hosting or pay to use the domain at Wordpress.com. Self hosting means you can install any plugins you want and custom design your theme without paying anything if you don't want to. For a wordpress.com blog, you have only the plugins they give you (which aren't bad, in fact I end up using most of them on my self-hosted site.) and have to pay extra for custom themes or premium ones (there are some free ones as well that are nice).

Status
Not open for further replies.